Ace Hood Premieres 'Have Mercy' Music Video
Cash Money Records label artist Ace Hood premieres the music video of his latest track "Have Mercy" off his forthcoming album "Trials and Tribulations" set to be released on July 16. The 24-year-old artist, signed up to Dj Khaled's record label We The Best Music Group, channels Young Money/Cash Money rapper Lil Wayne's dreadlocks in the almost six-minute clip directed by Ivan Berrios.
In the new dark track, Hood infuses his rhymes with personal tales backed by a hard-hitting beat courtesy of New Jersey producer Cardiak, who has previously worked with the rapper in "Trailer" from his mixtape "Starvation 2". The former Def Jam Recordings artist also flashes a white Posche Panamera as he rides about town in the video.
For the track's religious undertones, the clip cuts to scenes of churches and crosses. A gospel choir gives some stirring backing vocals on the hook "Have Mercy on a real n***a, 'cause I'm sinning everyday Lord."
Prior to "Have Mercy", Hood released the first single "Bugatti" early this year featuring rapper Future and Maybach Music Group mogul Rick Ross. The song debuted at No. 42 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and has since peaked to No. 39 on the Hot 100 singles chart, becoming Hood's most successful single to date and his first top 40 hit since "Out Here Grindin' ".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked