Ace Hood Premieres 'Have Mercy' Music Video
Cash Money Records label artist Ace Hood premieres the music video of his latest track "Have Mercy" off his forthcoming album "Trials and Tribulations" set to be released on July 16. The 24-year-old artist, signed up to Dj Khaled's record label We The Best Music Group, channels Young Money/Cash Money rapper Lil Wayne's dreadlocks in the almost six-minute clip directed by Ivan Berrios.
In the new dark track, Hood infuses his rhymes with personal tales backed by a hard-hitting beat courtesy of New Jersey producer Cardiak, who has previously worked with the rapper in "Trailer" from his mixtape "Starvation 2". The former Def Jam Recordings artist also flashes a white Posche Panamera as he rides about town in the video.
For the track's religious undertones, the clip cuts to scenes of churches and crosses. A gospel choir gives some stirring backing vocals on the hook "Have Mercy on a real n***a, 'cause I'm sinning everyday Lord."
Prior to "Have Mercy", Hood released the first single "Bugatti" early this year featuring rapper Future and Maybach Music Group mogul Rick Ross. The song debuted at No. 42 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and has since peaked to No. 39 on the Hot 100 singles chart, becoming Hood's most successful single to date and his first top 40 hit since "Out Here Grindin' ".
Ace Hood's "Have Mercy" music video
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered