Ace Hood Premieres 'Have Mercy' Music Video
Cash Money Records label artist Ace Hood premieres the music video of his latest track "Have Mercy" off his forthcoming album "Trials and Tribulations" set to be released on July 16. The 24-year-old artist, signed up to Dj Khaled's record label We The Best Music Group, channels Young Money/Cash Money rapper Lil Wayne's dreadlocks in the almost six-minute clip directed by Ivan Berrios.
In the new dark track, Hood infuses his rhymes with personal tales backed by a hard-hitting beat courtesy of New Jersey producer Cardiak, who has previously worked with the rapper in "Trailer" from his mixtape "Starvation 2". The former Def Jam Recordings artist also flashes a white Posche Panamera as he rides about town in the video.
For the track's religious undertones, the clip cuts to scenes of churches and crosses. A gospel choir gives some stirring backing vocals on the hook "Have Mercy on a real n***a, 'cause I'm sinning everyday Lord."
Prior to "Have Mercy", Hood released the first single "Bugatti" early this year featuring rapper Future and Maybach Music Group mogul Rick Ross. The song debuted at No. 42 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and has since peaked to No. 39 on the Hot 100 singles chart, becoming Hood's most successful single to date and his first top 40 hit since "Out Here Grindin' ".
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert