The-Dream to Feature Beyonce and Mary J. Blige in New Album
During a listening session at New York's Jungle City Studios, songwriter Terius Nash a.k.a. The-Dream previewed his forthcoming fifth album "IV Play". As the 35-year-old artist rolled through the tracks of his new LP on his iPod and entertained some questions after each session, it was revealed that the prolific hitmaker got divas Beyonce Knowles and Mary J. Blige among the superstar collaborators who supported his new project.
Beyonce appears on the track "Fire" where the Queen Bey, in her most breathy and sensual tone, sings about being ready to light up after being a good girl for so long. In an airy sort of hallucinatory way she croons, "I've never been high / but tonight I might try it / I've been such a good girl / but tonight I might try it."
Meanwhile, the one and only Mary J. Blige will appear on the final version of the track "Divine", an inspiring song that will make the listener feel that he or she is a huge superstar standing on top of the world. The-Dream says he will take the song even higher by blending the big, orchestral track with the unique, soulful vocals of the Grammy Award-winning singer.
Besides Bey, The-Dream has enlisted her BFF and Destiny's Child sister Kelly Rowland on the piano-driven, almost-break-up anthem "Where Have You Been". He's also going to get Mr. Carter, Jay-Z, on the final edit of the trap-inspired, bass-heavy jam "High Art".
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'