P. Diddy Responds to Controversy About His Son Getting Scholarship
P. Diddy broke silence about controversy surrounding his son's scholarship, almost a year after people debated it. The rap mogul apparently took all the criticisms in stride as saying, "I wasn't annoyed at all," to E! News when attending a WWE Hurricane Sandy fundraiser on Thursday, April 4.
"I kind of welcomed it, because if he's going to be doing what he's doing, if he's going to be in the city of L.A., he has to be able to handle the pressure," he added. "So I thought it was a great learning tool for him to be humble, handle it and go out there and prove himself on the field and prove himself at school."
Justin Combs graduated from New Rochelle Iona Prep in New York with a 3.75 GPA, and got a $54,000 football scholarship from UCLA. He also got scholarship offers from Illinois, Virginia and Wyoming, but chose the prestigious University of California. "Playing Division I football was a lifelong dream of mine, and through hard work I was able to achieve it," he said.
Some argued that Justin should not receive the fund since he already had enough money from his father to pay the tuition, but the university insisted he deserved the scholarship due to his talent in sports.
Diddy and his family are planning to give back to the community though. "We'll be announcing our overall scholarship fund, so at the end of the day, it all works out for everybody," he said.
More P. Diddy News
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics