P. Diddy Responds to Controversy About His Son Getting Scholarship
P. Diddy broke silence about controversy surrounding his son's scholarship, almost a year after people debated it. The rap mogul apparently took all the criticisms in stride as saying, "I wasn't annoyed at all," to E! News when attending a WWE Hurricane Sandy fundraiser on Thursday, April 4.
"I kind of welcomed it, because if he's going to be doing what he's doing, if he's going to be in the city of L.A., he has to be able to handle the pressure," he added. "So I thought it was a great learning tool for him to be humble, handle it and go out there and prove himself on the field and prove himself at school."
Justin Combs graduated from New Rochelle Iona Prep in New York with a 3.75 GPA, and got a $54,000 football scholarship from UCLA. He also got scholarship offers from Illinois, Virginia and Wyoming, but chose the prestigious University of California. "Playing Division I football was a lifelong dream of mine, and through hard work I was able to achieve it," he said.
Some argued that Justin should not receive the fund since he already had enough money from his father to pay the tuition, but the university insisted he deserved the scholarship due to his talent in sports.
Diddy and his family are planning to give back to the community though. "We'll be announcing our overall scholarship fund, so at the end of the day, it all works out for everybody," he said.
More P. Diddy News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos