P. Diddy Responds to Controversy About His Son Getting Scholarship
P. Diddy broke silence about controversy surrounding his son's scholarship, almost a year after people debated it. The rap mogul apparently took all the criticisms in stride as saying, "I wasn't annoyed at all," to E! News when attending a WWE Hurricane Sandy fundraiser on Thursday, April 4.
"I kind of welcomed it, because if he's going to be doing what he's doing, if he's going to be in the city of L.A., he has to be able to handle the pressure," he added. "So I thought it was a great learning tool for him to be humble, handle it and go out there and prove himself on the field and prove himself at school."
Justin Combs graduated from New Rochelle Iona Prep in New York with a 3.75 GPA, and got a $54,000 football scholarship from UCLA. He also got scholarship offers from Illinois, Virginia and Wyoming, but chose the prestigious University of California. "Playing Division I football was a lifelong dream of mine, and through hard work I was able to achieve it," he said.
Some argued that Justin should not receive the fund since he already had enough money from his father to pay the tuition, but the university insisted he deserved the scholarship due to his talent in sports.
Diddy and his family are planning to give back to the community though. "We'll be announcing our overall scholarship fund, so at the end of the day, it all works out for everybody," he said.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son