P. Diddy Responds to Controversy About His Son Getting Scholarship
P. Diddy broke silence about controversy surrounding his son's scholarship, almost a year after people debated it. The rap mogul apparently took all the criticisms in stride as saying, "I wasn't annoyed at all," to E! News when attending a WWE Hurricane Sandy fundraiser on Thursday, April 4.
"I kind of welcomed it, because if he's going to be doing what he's doing, if he's going to be in the city of L.A., he has to be able to handle the pressure," he added. "So I thought it was a great learning tool for him to be humble, handle it and go out there and prove himself on the field and prove himself at school."
Justin Combs graduated from New Rochelle Iona Prep in New York with a 3.75 GPA, and got a $54,000 football scholarship from UCLA. He also got scholarship offers from Illinois, Virginia and Wyoming, but chose the prestigious University of California. "Playing Division I football was a lifelong dream of mine, and through hard work I was able to achieve it," he said.
Some argued that Justin should not receive the fund since he already had enough money from his father to pay the tuition, but the university insisted he deserved the scholarship due to his talent in sports.
Diddy and his family are planning to give back to the community though. "We'll be announcing our overall scholarship fund, so at the end of the day, it all works out for everybody," he said.
More P. Diddy News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic