Black Sabbath Unveils Teaser for New Album '13'
Heavy metal band Black Sabbath is gearing up for the June 11 release of their new album "13" by releasing a short 27-second teaser clip that shows the forthcoming LP's cover art as a guitar riff plays in the background. As the album title burns itself into shape, the clip ends with frontman Ozzy Osbourne singing the words "Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide."
In the band's official YouTube page, the album is touted to have been 35 years in the making, but Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi, and bassist Geezer Butler actually started putting together the album during the past recent years. The 35 years referred to was the duration from the time Osbourne first handled the vocals on their 1978 recording of "Never Say Die" until this new effort.
The much-awaited album features drummer Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine who was enlisted by the metal pioneers after their resident percussionist Bill Ward parted ways with the group following contract issues. Producer Rick Rubin has declared he is going to make the new album into something that he can "listen to forever," all the more raising the hype and anticipation for the upcoming new studio set.
Among the new song titles set to appear in the track list are "God Is Dead", "End of the Beginning", "Age of Reason", "Dear Father", "Loner", "Epic", and "Methademic". Apart from releasing their new studio effort in a couple of months time, the veteran rockers will also kick off their first Australian tour in 40 years this month.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?