Bradley Cooper Replaces Jude Law in 'Jane Got a Gun'
The search for Jude Law's replacement in "Jane Got a Gun" is now over. The indie drama introduces Oscar-nominated actor Bradley Cooper as a new member of its cast ensemble, which has included Natalie Portman and Joel Edgerton.
Cooper will play the antagonist Bishop. In the film, Bishop and his gang are responsible for shooting up an outlaw husband of a lady, played by Portman. As the gang turns on him, the wife seeks the help of her former lover, portrayed by Edgerton.
Director Gavin O'Connor serves as the helmer of the western drama, which is penned by Brian Duffield. Serving as the producers are Scott Steindorff, Aleen Keshishian, Terry Dougas and Portman. It is reported that the film is now two weeks into production, and Cooper's part will be filmed later.
Previously, the project faced a rough start following the abrupt exit of its helmer and actors. Michael Fassbender withdrew from the film due to scheduling conflicts in March. Director Lynne Ramsay, who was initially appointed to serve behind the lens, did not show up on the first day of filming allegedly due to personal issues. Law then called it quits because of Ramsay's exit.
Cooper is now in the middle of shooting an untitled David O. Russell project, which was previously called "American Bullshit". Loosely inspired by the true-life Abscam sting of the late 1970s and early 1980s, the film sees him acting opposite Christian Bale, Amy Adams, and his co-star in "Silver Linings Playbook", Jennifer Lawrence.
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball