'Glee' Casts 'Sons of Anarchy' Star Katey Sagal as Artie's Mom
"Glee" has found an actress to play Artie's mom. Katey Sagal is cast in the guest-starring role as Kevin McHale's on-screen mother, with series creator Ryan Murphy revealing on Twitter, "So thrilled to announce my friend Katey Sagal is playing Artie's mom on Glee! There is nothing this woman can't do!"
Sagal will appear in a Stevie Wonder tribute episode aptly tittled "Wonder-ful" which will air May 2. The 59-year-old actress is currently a series regular on FX's series "Sons of Anarchy" which is created by her own husband Kurt Sutter, portraying Gemma Teller Morrow.
McHale previously said at last year's Comic-Con that he wanted Sagal to be Artie's mother. "I want her to be a hoarder," he said. As for Artie's father, he envisioned Harry Connick Jr. in the role.
"Glee" is currently in hiatus and will return with the last five episodes of the fourth season starting April 11. A new promo for the upcoming outing has been shared, giving a look at the return of NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS