'Glee' Casts 'Sons of Anarchy' Star Katey Sagal as Artie's Mom
"Glee" has found an actress to play Artie's mom. Katey Sagal is cast in the guest-starring role as Kevin McHale's on-screen mother, with series creator Ryan Murphy revealing on Twitter, "So thrilled to announce my friend Katey Sagal is playing Artie's mom on Glee! There is nothing this woman can't do!"
Sagal will appear in a Stevie Wonder tribute episode aptly tittled "Wonder-ful" which will air May 2. The 59-year-old actress is currently a series regular on FX's series "Sons of Anarchy" which is created by her own husband Kurt Sutter, portraying Gemma Teller Morrow.
McHale previously said at last year's Comic-Con that he wanted Sagal to be Artie's mother. "I want her to be a hoarder," he said. As for Artie's father, he envisioned Harry Connick Jr. in the role.
"Glee" is currently in hiatus and will return with the last five episodes of the fourth season starting April 11. A new promo for the upcoming outing has been shared, giving a look at the return of NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz.
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media