'Glee' Casts 'Sons of Anarchy' Star Katey Sagal as Artie's Mom
"Glee" has found an actress to play Artie's mom. Katey Sagal is cast in the guest-starring role as Kevin McHale's on-screen mother, with series creator Ryan Murphy revealing on Twitter, "So thrilled to announce my friend Katey Sagal is playing Artie's mom on Glee! There is nothing this woman can't do!"
Sagal will appear in a Stevie Wonder tribute episode aptly tittled "Wonder-ful" which will air May 2. The 59-year-old actress is currently a series regular on FX's series "Sons of Anarchy" which is created by her own husband Kurt Sutter, portraying Gemma Teller Morrow.
McHale previously said at last year's Comic-Con that he wanted Sagal to be Artie's mother. "I want her to be a hoarder," he said. As for Artie's father, he envisioned Harry Connick Jr. in the role.
"Glee" is currently in hiatus and will return with the last five episodes of the fourth season starting April 11. A new promo for the upcoming outing has been shared, giving a look at the return of NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz.
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director