'Glee' Casts 'Sons of Anarchy' Star Katey Sagal as Artie's Mom
"Glee" has found an actress to play Artie's mom. Katey Sagal is cast in the guest-starring role as Kevin McHale's on-screen mother, with series creator Ryan Murphy revealing on Twitter, "So thrilled to announce my friend Katey Sagal is playing Artie's mom on Glee! There is nothing this woman can't do!"
Sagal will appear in a Stevie Wonder tribute episode aptly tittled "Wonder-ful" which will air May 2. The 59-year-old actress is currently a series regular on FX's series "Sons of Anarchy" which is created by her own husband Kurt Sutter, portraying Gemma Teller Morrow.
McHale previously said at last year's Comic-Con that he wanted Sagal to be Artie's mother. "I want her to be a hoarder," he said. As for Artie's father, he envisioned Harry Connick Jr. in the role.
"Glee" is currently in hiatus and will return with the last five episodes of the fourth season starting April 11. A new promo for the upcoming outing has been shared, giving a look at the return of NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March