Wesley Snipes Put Under House Arrest After Released From Jail
Wesley Snipes is back home after serving a jail sentence stemming from a 2008 tax-evasion conviction. The "Blade" actor was supposed to spend three years in prison but he was released early after living for nearly 28 months behind bars.
The 50-year-old actor, who started serving his jail time on December 9, 2010, is not completely free though. According to E! News, he is set to be put under house arrest monitored by the New York Community Corrections Office until July 19.
Wesley was charged for failing to pay millions of dollars in taxes. After convicted of the offenses in 2008, he remained free pending appeal before eventually entering the medium-security Federal Correctional Institution, McKean, in northwest Pennsylvania in 2010 for his jail time.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'