Wesley Snipes Put Under House Arrest After Released From Jail
Wesley Snipes is back home after serving a jail sentence stemming from a 2008 tax-evasion conviction. The "Blade" actor was supposed to spend three years in prison but he was released early after living for nearly 28 months behind bars.
The 50-year-old actor, who started serving his jail time on December 9, 2010, is not completely free though. According to E! News, he is set to be put under house arrest monitored by the New York Community Corrections Office until July 19.
Wesley was charged for failing to pay millions of dollars in taxes. After convicted of the offenses in 2008, he remained free pending appeal before eventually entering the medium-security Federal Correctional Institution, McKean, in northwest Pennsylvania in 2010 for his jail time.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards