Steve Carell Is Pitted Against James Gandolfini in HBO's 'Bone Wars'
Steve Carell and James Gandolfini are teaming up for a new project after recently co-starring in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". The two actors are set to executive produce and star in HBO Films' "Bone Wars".
Currently in development, the TV movie is based on the real-life Bone Wars a.k.a. the Great Dinosaur Rush which involved two paleontologists, Edward Drinker Cope of the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia and Othniel Charles Marsh of the Peabody Museum of Natural History at Yale. Carell will portray Cope, while Gandolfini will star as Marsh.
With Carell in the cast department, don't expect the pic to be a serious one. Set during the post-Civil War birth of American science, the TV movie will be a comedic take on the decades-long competition which led to the discovery of more than 160 dinosaurs, before both paleontologists ended up exhausting their funds in the pursuit of paleontological supremacy.
"Bone Wars" is still in search for a writer. Carell and Gandolfini are joined by Alexandra Ryan and Thom Hinkle as the executive producers.
After appearing in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone", "The Office" alum Carell is currently filming "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", while former "The Sopranos" star Gandolfini is shooting drama thriller "Animal Rescue".
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville