Steve Carell Is Pitted Against James Gandolfini in HBO's 'Bone Wars'
Steve Carell and James Gandolfini are teaming up for a new project after recently co-starring in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". The two actors are set to executive produce and star in HBO Films' "Bone Wars".
Currently in development, the TV movie is based on the real-life Bone Wars a.k.a. the Great Dinosaur Rush which involved two paleontologists, Edward Drinker Cope of the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia and Othniel Charles Marsh of the Peabody Museum of Natural History at Yale. Carell will portray Cope, while Gandolfini will star as Marsh.
With Carell in the cast department, don't expect the pic to be a serious one. Set during the post-Civil War birth of American science, the TV movie will be a comedic take on the decades-long competition which led to the discovery of more than 160 dinosaurs, before both paleontologists ended up exhausting their funds in the pursuit of paleontological supremacy.
"Bone Wars" is still in search for a writer. Carell and Gandolfini are joined by Alexandra Ryan and Thom Hinkle as the executive producers.
After appearing in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone", "The Office" alum Carell is currently filming "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", while former "The Sopranos" star Gandolfini is shooting drama thriller "Animal Rescue".
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son