Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz to Star in Broadway Play 'Betrayal'
Real-life husband and wife Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are confirmed to co-star in a Broadway production of Harold Pinter's "Betrayal". The couple, who secretly got married in 2011, is set to play adulterous pair named Robert and Emma.
In the production which is directed by Broadway veteran Mike Nichols, Emma, who is married to Robert, is having an affair with Jerry, which will be portrayed by "Life of Pi" star Rafe Spall. "Betrayal" previews from October 1 and opens on November 3 at New York's Barrymore Theatre.
"Betrayal", which is inspired by Pinter's affair with broadcaster Joan Bakewell, will mark a Broadway debut for Weisz. Meanwhile, Craig has been quite familiar with the Broadway stage, previously acting opposite Hugh Jackman in 2009's "A Steady Rain".
Craig and Weisz were previously paired up as husband and wife in Jim Sheridan-directed psychological thriller "Dream House". Also starring Naomi Watts, the 2011 film, however, received mostly negative reviews and had low box office results.
In other news, the 45-year-old actor has reportedly signed on for two more Bond films following "Skyfall". Positively received by critics, the 2012 film won two Oscars and was the first Bond film to rake in more than $1 billion worldwide.
More Daniel Craig News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host