Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz to Star in Broadway Play 'Betrayal'
Real-life husband and wife Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are confirmed to co-star in a Broadway production of Harold Pinter's "Betrayal". The couple, who secretly got married in 2011, is set to play adulterous pair named Robert and Emma.
In the production which is directed by Broadway veteran Mike Nichols, Emma, who is married to Robert, is having an affair with Jerry, which will be portrayed by "Life of Pi" star Rafe Spall. "Betrayal" previews from October 1 and opens on November 3 at New York's Barrymore Theatre.
"Betrayal", which is inspired by Pinter's affair with broadcaster Joan Bakewell, will mark a Broadway debut for Weisz. Meanwhile, Craig has been quite familiar with the Broadway stage, previously acting opposite Hugh Jackman in 2009's "A Steady Rain".
Craig and Weisz were previously paired up as husband and wife in Jim Sheridan-directed psychological thriller "Dream House". Also starring Naomi Watts, the 2011 film, however, received mostly negative reviews and had low box office results.
In other news, the 45-year-old actor has reportedly signed on for two more Bond films following "Skyfall". Positively received by critics, the 2012 film won two Oscars and was the first Bond film to rake in more than $1 billion worldwide.
More Daniel Craig News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival