Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz to Star in Broadway Play 'Betrayal'
Real-life husband and wife Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are confirmed to co-star in a Broadway production of Harold Pinter's "Betrayal". The couple, who secretly got married in 2011, is set to play adulterous pair named Robert and Emma.
In the production which is directed by Broadway veteran Mike Nichols, Emma, who is married to Robert, is having an affair with Jerry, which will be portrayed by "Life of Pi" star Rafe Spall. "Betrayal" previews from October 1 and opens on November 3 at New York's Barrymore Theatre.
"Betrayal", which is inspired by Pinter's affair with broadcaster Joan Bakewell, will mark a Broadway debut for Weisz. Meanwhile, Craig has been quite familiar with the Broadway stage, previously acting opposite Hugh Jackman in 2009's "A Steady Rain".
Craig and Weisz were previously paired up as husband and wife in Jim Sheridan-directed psychological thriller "Dream House". Also starring Naomi Watts, the 2011 film, however, received mostly negative reviews and had low box office results.
In other news, the 45-year-old actor has reportedly signed on for two more Bond films following "Skyfall". Positively received by critics, the 2012 film won two Oscars and was the first Bond film to rake in more than $1 billion worldwide.
More Daniel Craig News
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors