Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz to Star in Broadway Play 'Betrayal'
Real-life husband and wife Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are confirmed to co-star in a Broadway production of Harold Pinter's "Betrayal". The couple, who secretly got married in 2011, is set to play adulterous pair named Robert and Emma.
In the production which is directed by Broadway veteran Mike Nichols, Emma, who is married to Robert, is having an affair with Jerry, which will be portrayed by "Life of Pi" star Rafe Spall. "Betrayal" previews from October 1 and opens on November 3 at New York's Barrymore Theatre.
"Betrayal", which is inspired by Pinter's affair with broadcaster Joan Bakewell, will mark a Broadway debut for Weisz. Meanwhile, Craig has been quite familiar with the Broadway stage, previously acting opposite Hugh Jackman in 2009's "A Steady Rain".
Craig and Weisz were previously paired up as husband and wife in Jim Sheridan-directed psychological thriller "Dream House". Also starring Naomi Watts, the 2011 film, however, received mostly negative reviews and had low box office results.
In other news, the 45-year-old actor has reportedly signed on for two more Bond films following "Skyfall". Positively received by critics, the 2012 film won two Oscars and was the first Bond film to rake in more than $1 billion worldwide.
More Daniel Craig News
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra