Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and Bruce Springsteen Headline Rock in Rio Festival
The Rock in Rio Festival has long been known for hosting the biggest names in music and this year is definitely no exception as it announced pop/R 'n' B superstars Beyonce Knowles and Justin Timberlake, and The Boss himself Bruce Springsteen as headliners. The rock and roll icon will play with his E Street Band, as other top bands Bon Jovi, Metallica, Iron Maiden and Muse also headline the seven-day music fest.
Taking place over two weekends on from September 13 to 15 and September 19 to 22 in Rio de Janiero in Brazil, the festival will showcase the best artists from many different genres. There's R 'n' B diva Alicia Keys, blues singer and guitarist John Mayer, indie rock band Florence and the Machine, soul/jazz singer Kimbra and even DJ David Guetta to serve the diverse audience's preferences.
Some tried and tested rock bands as Alice in Chains and Nickelback as well as metal groups Slayer and Sepultura will also keep the crowd rocking. Rob Thomas-fronted band Matchbox 20, actor Jared Leto's band 30 Seconds to Mars and "American Idol" season eleven grand winner Phillip Phillips are also slated to perform.
Touted as one of the world's biggest musical events in terms of acts performing and crowd attendance, it is sure to draw awesome performances from all acts, particularly Queen Bey who wowed the world with her Super Bowl halftime show performance back in February. JT is also expected to turn in a spectacular set filled with current singles "Suit & Tie", "Pusher Love Girl" and "Mirrors" from his record-breaking album "The 20/20 Experience".
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences