Benedict Cumberbatch Set to Star in Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'
Guillermo del Toro has brought another A-list actor for his upcoming haunted house thriller. "War Horse" actor Benedict Cumberbatch is confirmed to star in the Legendary Entertainment-produced film.
The English actor has signed up to join the cast ensemble, which has included "Deadfall" actor Charlie Hunnam and "The Amazing Spider-Man" actress Emma Stone. Slated to begin production in February 2014, the film is eyeing a 2015 release.
The gothic horror story centers on a woman who discovers that her husband may not be whom he appears to be. The script, which was originally penned by Matthew Robins and del Toro, is now being rewritten by the Mexican filmmaker and Lucinda Coxon.
"The first half is a love story, then that love story turns darker. And it's at the same time a ghost story," del Toro says about the project. "It's sort of a very compelling version of the classic Gothic romance, where you have the spookiness and the windswept landscape that dooms the characters, you know?"
Cumberbatch is currently filming the third season of BBC's "Sherlock" and has recently wrapped "The Fifth Estate" where he plays WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. The 36-year-old actor will next be seen in "Star Trek Into Darkness", "August: Osage County" and "12 Years a Slave".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal