Benedict Cumberbatch Set to Star in Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'
Guillermo del Toro has brought another A-list actor for his upcoming haunted house thriller. "War Horse" actor Benedict Cumberbatch is confirmed to star in the Legendary Entertainment-produced film.
The English actor has signed up to join the cast ensemble, which has included "Deadfall" actor Charlie Hunnam and "The Amazing Spider-Man" actress Emma Stone. Slated to begin production in February 2014, the film is eyeing a 2015 release.
The gothic horror story centers on a woman who discovers that her husband may not be whom he appears to be. The script, which was originally penned by Matthew Robins and del Toro, is now being rewritten by the Mexican filmmaker and Lucinda Coxon.
"The first half is a love story, then that love story turns darker. And it's at the same time a ghost story," del Toro says about the project. "It's sort of a very compelling version of the classic Gothic romance, where you have the spookiness and the windswept landscape that dooms the characters, you know?"
Cumberbatch is currently filming the third season of BBC's "Sherlock" and has recently wrapped "The Fifth Estate" where he plays WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. The 36-year-old actor will next be seen in "Star Trek Into Darkness", "August: Osage County" and "12 Years a Slave".
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event