Benedict Cumberbatch Set to Star in Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'
Guillermo del Toro has brought another A-list actor for his upcoming haunted house thriller. "War Horse" actor Benedict Cumberbatch is confirmed to star in the Legendary Entertainment-produced film.
The English actor has signed up to join the cast ensemble, which has included "Deadfall" actor Charlie Hunnam and "The Amazing Spider-Man" actress Emma Stone. Slated to begin production in February 2014, the film is eyeing a 2015 release.
The gothic horror story centers on a woman who discovers that her husband may not be whom he appears to be. The script, which was originally penned by Matthew Robins and del Toro, is now being rewritten by the Mexican filmmaker and Lucinda Coxon.
"The first half is a love story, then that love story turns darker. And it's at the same time a ghost story," del Toro says about the project. "It's sort of a very compelling version of the classic Gothic romance, where you have the spookiness and the windswept landscape that dooms the characters, you know?"
Cumberbatch is currently filming the third season of BBC's "Sherlock" and has recently wrapped "The Fifth Estate" where he plays WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. The 36-year-old actor will next be seen in "Star Trek Into Darkness", "August: Osage County" and "12 Years a Slave".
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'