Robert Downey Jr. Goes 'Gangnam Style' With His Zip Down in South Korea
Robert Downey Jr. celebrated his 48th birthday on Tuesday, April 4 during the special screening of "Iron Man 3" in South Korea. Wearing a black tuxedo, he walked on the red carpet, greeted fans, and did interviews. However, the actor apparently had a slight wardrobe malfunction as he forgot to pull up the zipper of his trousers when he danced "Gangnam Style".
Downey arrived in Seoul on Wednesday, April 3. He was spotted signing autographs and flashing a wide grin to local fans that waited for him at Gimpo Airport. The day after, during a press conference and photo call at the Conrad Hotel in Seoul, he also spontaneously broke out some "Gangnam Style" moves next to a life-size Iron Man figure.
"First of all I really want to thank the fans that came to the airport yesterday to greet me in Korea. I had a long flight and it was a very lovely surprise. It was like 10 o'clock and pretty late to be driving to the airport, and I just wanted to say I really appreciate it," the star said.
"Five years ago, I had really no idea whether it was going to be embraced by the public or not," he continued. "I find myself looking at this poster and still sometimes wondering how this would happen. So my relationship over the years has become one of, a kind of increasing humility and a lot of gratitude."
"Iron Man 3" brings back Downey and Gwyneth Paltrow, who reprise their roles as Tony Stark and Pepper Potts respectively. The billionaire-turned-superhero will face a formidable enemy, Mandarin. The film will come to U.S. theaters on May 3.
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab