'Jurassic Park IV' to Feature New Terrifying Dinosaur
"Jurassic Park IV" will debut a never-before-seen deadly dinosaur. Having been serving on the franchise as the dino advisor, Jack Horner confirms the news to USA Today. "I can't actually tell you who that will be. But you'll want to keep the lights on after you see this movie," the paleontologist says.
In development over 11 years, the fourth film was finally confirmed to be produced early this year. Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two installments, is executive producing, while Frank Marshall and Patrick Crowley are serving as the producers. On board the project to provide the script are Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver.
Last March, the sequel to "Jurassic Park III" finally found its helmer. Colin Trevorrow, who directed critically acclaimed "Safety Not Guaranteed", has been set to serve behind the lens. Growing up a huge fan of the Dino-themed films, Colin is believed to "preserve and protect the characters in the story."
Having not announced the cast yet, "Jurassic Park IV" is expected to hit U.S. theaters on June 13, 2014.
Meanwhile, fans can enjoy the original "Jurassic Park" film in 3D version. Based on Michael Crichton's novel of the same name, the film will be re-released on April 5 in the United States.
More Jurassic World News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!