'Pee Wee Herman' Star Joins 'Once Upon a Time' Spin-Off
"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" has cast another key character. The "Once Upon a Time" spin-off, which was previously called "Once: Wonderland", has tapped "Pee Wee Herman" star Paul Reubens to voice The White Rabbit.
Coming from "Once" creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, the new project is set in pre-curse Wonderland and is told through the point of view of Alice. "The idea is not a spin-off in the traditional sense - another five-year, 22-episode series," Kitsis once said about the potential new series. "It's much more in the vein of an 'American Horror Story', with a beginning, middle, and end."
"Road Kill" actress Sophie Lowe has been cast as Alice, while British actres Emma Rigby ("Hollyoaks") will take the role of Red Queen. Joining them are Peter Gadiot as Alice's love interest Cyrus, and Michael Socha as the Knave of Hearts.
Since the spin-off will feature flashbacks, Cora a.k.a. the Queen of Hearts, who is portrayed by Barbara Hershey on "Once", will likely make appearance as well. The characters of Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat are expected to be part of the show, but Sebastian Stan who played Mad Hatter on the original series reportedly won't return to the spin-off.
"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" is scheduled to begin filming in Vancoucer after season 2 of the mother show wraps up production.
More Once Upon a Time News
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince