'Pee Wee Herman' Star Joins 'Once Upon a Time' Spin-Off
"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" has cast another key character. The "Once Upon a Time" spin-off, which was previously called "Once: Wonderland", has tapped "Pee Wee Herman" star Paul Reubens to voice The White Rabbit.
Coming from "Once" creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, the new project is set in pre-curse Wonderland and is told through the point of view of Alice. "The idea is not a spin-off in the traditional sense - another five-year, 22-episode series," Kitsis once said about the potential new series. "It's much more in the vein of an 'American Horror Story', with a beginning, middle, and end."
"Road Kill" actress Sophie Lowe has been cast as Alice, while British actres Emma Rigby ("Hollyoaks") will take the role of Red Queen. Joining them are Peter Gadiot as Alice's love interest Cyrus, and Michael Socha as the Knave of Hearts.
Since the spin-off will feature flashbacks, Cora a.k.a. the Queen of Hearts, who is portrayed by Barbara Hershey on "Once", will likely make appearance as well. The characters of Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat are expected to be part of the show, but Sebastian Stan who played Mad Hatter on the original series reportedly won't return to the spin-off.
"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" is scheduled to begin filming in Vancoucer after season 2 of the mother show wraps up production.
More Once Upon a Time News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation