Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan to Open 2013 ACM Awards With Miranda Lambert
What's better to do when you have two country superstars hosting this year's Academy of Country Music Awards? What else than to have them headline the opening performance of the night, which is what Dick Clark Productions and the ACM will have Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan do on April 7 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Shelton and Bryan will be performing alongside another crooner, Brad Paisley on guitars, the Grammy Award-winning Sheryl Crow, and the Pistol Annies trio of Ashley Monroe, Angeleena Presley and Shelton's equally popular wife, Miranda Lambert. They will all perform Shelton's new single "Boys 'Round Here", the second track to be released off his album "Based on a True Story", following the lead single "Sure Be Cool If You Did" released last February.
The best acts in country music have also been lined up for the CBS broadcast such as Jason Aldean, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw and George Strait. The female performers also boast such superstars as Taylor Swift and "American Idol" winners Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
Other A-list entertainers performing in the big country music industry event are Stevie Wonder, Jewel Kilcher, Lady Antebellum, Kenny Chesney, The Band Perry, Eric Church and Little Big Town. Paisley will lead the ACM Fan Jam featuring Dierks Bentley and Hunter Hayes while Brooks and Strait will perform together for a special tribute to the late Dick Clark.
More Blake Shelton News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video