Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan to Open 2013 ACM Awards With Miranda Lambert
What's better to do when you have two country superstars hosting this year's Academy of Country Music Awards? What else than to have them headline the opening performance of the night, which is what Dick Clark Productions and the ACM will have Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan do on April 7 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Shelton and Bryan will be performing alongside another crooner, Brad Paisley on guitars, the Grammy Award-winning Sheryl Crow, and the Pistol Annies trio of Ashley Monroe, Angeleena Presley and Shelton's equally popular wife, Miranda Lambert. They will all perform Shelton's new single "Boys 'Round Here", the second track to be released off his album "Based on a True Story", following the lead single "Sure Be Cool If You Did" released last February.
The best acts in country music have also been lined up for the CBS broadcast such as Jason Aldean, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw and George Strait. The female performers also boast such superstars as Taylor Swift and "American Idol" winners Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
Other A-list entertainers performing in the big country music industry event are Stevie Wonder, Jewel Kilcher, Lady Antebellum, Kenny Chesney, The Band Perry, Eric Church and Little Big Town. Paisley will lead the ACM Fan Jam featuring Dierks Bentley and Hunter Hayes while Brooks and Strait will perform together for a special tribute to the late Dick Clark.
More Blake Shelton News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding