Report: Director Justin Lin Passes on 'Fast and Furious 7'
"Fast and Furious 7" may have a new director. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Justin Lin will not return to the movie franchise about underground street racing and illegal heists after directing "Fast and Furious 6" which is scheduled to start viewing across the country on May 24.
Lin reportedly passes on the seventh installment of the Vin Diesel-starring film due to the timing. Rumor has it, he isn't into Universal's plan to have the next sequel on a fast track for a possible release in the summer of 2014. He feels "the rush would not result in his best work."
The "Better Luck Tomorrow" helmer has directed four "Fast and Furious" movies. He first took the "Fast and Furious" reins in 2006's "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" before following it up with 2009's "Fast and Furious", 2011's "Fast Five", and the upcoming "Fast Six".
Initially, the sixth and seventh installments of the action movie would be shot back to back with Justin on the helm, but the plan fell apart during the development. Now, the next sequel is expected to start filming later this summer in Los Angeles.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage