Report: Director Justin Lin Passes on 'Fast and Furious 7'
"Fast and Furious 7" may have a new director. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Justin Lin will not return to the movie franchise about underground street racing and illegal heists after directing "Fast and Furious 6" which is scheduled to start viewing across the country on May 24.
Lin reportedly passes on the seventh installment of the Vin Diesel-starring film due to the timing. Rumor has it, he isn't into Universal's plan to have the next sequel on a fast track for a possible release in the summer of 2014. He feels "the rush would not result in his best work."
The "Better Luck Tomorrow" helmer has directed four "Fast and Furious" movies. He first took the "Fast and Furious" reins in 2006's "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" before following it up with 2009's "Fast and Furious", 2011's "Fast Five", and the upcoming "Fast Six".
Initially, the sixth and seventh installments of the action movie would be shot back to back with Justin on the helm, but the plan fell apart during the development. Now, the next sequel is expected to start filming later this summer in Los Angeles.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?