Report: Director Justin Lin Passes on 'Fast and Furious 7'
"Fast and Furious 7" may have a new director. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Justin Lin will not return to the movie franchise about underground street racing and illegal heists after directing "Fast and Furious 6" which is scheduled to start viewing across the country on May 24.
Lin reportedly passes on the seventh installment of the Vin Diesel-starring film due to the timing. Rumor has it, he isn't into Universal's plan to have the next sequel on a fast track for a possible release in the summer of 2014. He feels "the rush would not result in his best work."
The "Better Luck Tomorrow" helmer has directed four "Fast and Furious" movies. He first took the "Fast and Furious" reins in 2006's "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" before following it up with 2009's "Fast and Furious", 2011's "Fast Five", and the upcoming "Fast Six".
Initially, the sixth and seventh installments of the action movie would be shot back to back with Justin on the helm, but the plan fell apart during the development. Now, the next sequel is expected to start filming later this summer in Los Angeles.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special