Video: Carrie Underwood and Casey James Perform on 'American Idol' Results Show
As "American Idol" season twelve bid goodbye to contestant Burnell Taylor, the show said "welcome back" to season four's big winner Carrie Underwood and season nine's finalist Casey James on April 4. The two former contestants dropped by the show to sing their respective singles before host Ryan Seacrest finally revealed the results of last night's Top 7 rock sing-off.
Six-time Grammy Award-winning country star Underwood performed her new single "See You Again" from her album "Blown Away". The 30-year-old singer has been back on the "Idol" stage countless of times before over the past eight years since she won the popular TV reality singing competition. She held back some tears during the short chit-chat with Seacrest after her performance, as she professed her love for the show that had brought her much fame and success.
Prior to her performance, up-and-coming country rock crooner James launched his new single "The Good Life" on the show where he first showcased his vocal prowess and guitar-playing skills. The 30-year-old looker, whom Seacrest revealed had left the shirt he was supposed to wear on the show that night, was sweet enough to bring along some gifts for the remaining top seven contenders.
Taylor's performance last night of Bon Jovi's "You Give Love A Bad Name" did not score him enough votes to beat Janelle Arthur, who joined him in the bottom two. Alas, only Lazaro Arbos remains as the "last man standing" in the season that has been dominated by the female belters.
Carrie Underwood sings "See You Again":
Casey James sings "The Good Life":
More Carrie Underwood News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal