Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks Team Up for Mikhail Gorbachev Biopic
Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks are working together behind the scenes of TV movie "Gorbachev". The two actors, through their respective production companies Appian Way and Playtone, join forces with HBO Films to develop the biopic about former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev.
The film will chronicle Gorbachev's time as president through the end of the Cold War and the dissolution of the Soviet Union with former "Hell on Wheels" showrunner John Shiban penning the script. Gorbachev, the first and last President of the Soviet Union, serves as a consultant on the project.
DiCaprio, Hanks, Jennifer Killoran, Gary Goetzman and Keith Addis will executive produce the pic. This marks the umpteenth time Hanks teams up with HBO. He previously produced political drama "Game Change" and executive produced miniseries "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific" which aired on the premium cable channel.
Hanks and DiCaprio, meanwhile, starred together in Steven Spielberg's "Catch Me If You Can" before.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory