Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks Team Up for Mikhail Gorbachev Biopic
Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks are working together behind the scenes of TV movie "Gorbachev". The two actors, through their respective production companies Appian Way and Playtone, join forces with HBO Films to develop the biopic about former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev.
The film will chronicle Gorbachev's time as president through the end of the Cold War and the dissolution of the Soviet Union with former "Hell on Wheels" showrunner John Shiban penning the script. Gorbachev, the first and last President of the Soviet Union, serves as a consultant on the project.
DiCaprio, Hanks, Jennifer Killoran, Gary Goetzman and Keith Addis will executive produce the pic. This marks the umpteenth time Hanks teams up with HBO. He previously produced political drama "Game Change" and executive produced miniseries "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific" which aired on the premium cable channel.
Hanks and DiCaprio, meanwhile, starred together in Steven Spielberg's "Catch Me If You Can" before.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star