Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks Team Up for Mikhail Gorbachev Biopic
Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks are working together behind the scenes of TV movie "Gorbachev". The two actors, through their respective production companies Appian Way and Playtone, join forces with HBO Films to develop the biopic about former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev.
The film will chronicle Gorbachev's time as president through the end of the Cold War and the dissolution of the Soviet Union with former "Hell on Wheels" showrunner John Shiban penning the script. Gorbachev, the first and last President of the Soviet Union, serves as a consultant on the project.
DiCaprio, Hanks, Jennifer Killoran, Gary Goetzman and Keith Addis will executive produce the pic. This marks the umpteenth time Hanks teams up with HBO. He previously produced political drama "Game Change" and executive produced miniseries "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific" which aired on the premium cable channel.
Hanks and DiCaprio, meanwhile, starred together in Steven Spielberg's "Catch Me If You Can" before.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy