Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks Team Up for Mikhail Gorbachev Biopic
Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks are working together behind the scenes of TV movie "Gorbachev". The two actors, through their respective production companies Appian Way and Playtone, join forces with HBO Films to develop the biopic about former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev.
The film will chronicle Gorbachev's time as president through the end of the Cold War and the dissolution of the Soviet Union with former "Hell on Wheels" showrunner John Shiban penning the script. Gorbachev, the first and last President of the Soviet Union, serves as a consultant on the project.
DiCaprio, Hanks, Jennifer Killoran, Gary Goetzman and Keith Addis will executive produce the pic. This marks the umpteenth time Hanks teams up with HBO. He previously produced political drama "Game Change" and executive produced miniseries "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific" which aired on the premium cable channel.
Hanks and DiCaprio, meanwhile, starred together in Steven Spielberg's "Catch Me If You Can" before.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons