Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks Team Up for Mikhail Gorbachev Biopic
Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks are working together behind the scenes of TV movie "Gorbachev". The two actors, through their respective production companies Appian Way and Playtone, join forces with HBO Films to develop the biopic about former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev.
The film will chronicle Gorbachev's time as president through the end of the Cold War and the dissolution of the Soviet Union with former "Hell on Wheels" showrunner John Shiban penning the script. Gorbachev, the first and last President of the Soviet Union, serves as a consultant on the project.
DiCaprio, Hanks, Jennifer Killoran, Gary Goetzman and Keith Addis will executive produce the pic. This marks the umpteenth time Hanks teams up with HBO. He previously produced political drama "Game Change" and executive produced miniseries "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific" which aired on the premium cable channel.
Hanks and DiCaprio, meanwhile, starred together in Steven Spielberg's "Catch Me If You Can" before.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says