Chloe Moretz Has Deadly Telekinetic Power in First 'Carrie' Trailer
The first trailer for the upcoming Kimberly Peirce-directed film "Carrie" has been unveiled on the web. The video highlights a tormented shy girl Carrie (Chloe Moretz) transforming into a deadly girl as she discovers her dangerous telekinetic power.
As seen in the teaser, Carrie is often subjected to bullying by her classmates and to abuse by her mother Margaret (Julianne Moore). As the young girl discovers her secret telekinetic power, things begin to change. The clip later sees her levitating her mother and turning her high school prom into a complete mess.
Adapted from Stephen King's novel of the same name, "Carrie" follows a school girl named Carrie White who is outcast by her peers and put in isolation by her deeply religious mother. As she reaches puberty, the young girl possesses a destructive telepathic power that she uses for lethal means to execute her classmates who bully her during a prom night.
Also starring Judy Greer, Gabriella Wilde, and Portia Doubleday, the film is produced by Kevin Misher and penned by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. The horror film, which is a remake of Brian De Palma's 1976 film of the same name, is set to be released on October 18 in the United States.
More Carrie News
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards