Chloe Moretz Has Deadly Telekinetic Power in First 'Carrie' Trailer
The first trailer for the upcoming Kimberly Peirce-directed film "Carrie" has been unveiled on the web. The video highlights a tormented shy girl Carrie (Chloe Moretz) transforming into a deadly girl as she discovers her dangerous telekinetic power.
As seen in the teaser, Carrie is often subjected to bullying by her classmates and to abuse by her mother Margaret (Julianne Moore). As the young girl discovers her secret telekinetic power, things begin to change. The clip later sees her levitating her mother and turning her high school prom into a complete mess.
Adapted from Stephen King's novel of the same name, "Carrie" follows a school girl named Carrie White who is outcast by her peers and put in isolation by her deeply religious mother. As she reaches puberty, the young girl possesses a destructive telepathic power that she uses for lethal means to execute her classmates who bully her during a prom night.
Also starring Judy Greer, Gabriella Wilde, and Portia Doubleday, the film is produced by Kevin Misher and penned by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. The horror film, which is a remake of Brian De Palma's 1976 film of the same name, is set to be released on October 18 in the United States.
More Carrie News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!