Chloe Moretz Has Deadly Telekinetic Power in First 'Carrie' Trailer
The first trailer for the upcoming Kimberly Peirce-directed film "Carrie" has been unveiled on the web. The video highlights a tormented shy girl Carrie (Chloe Moretz) transforming into a deadly girl as she discovers her dangerous telekinetic power.
As seen in the teaser, Carrie is often subjected to bullying by her classmates and to abuse by her mother Margaret (Julianne Moore). As the young girl discovers her secret telekinetic power, things begin to change. The clip later sees her levitating her mother and turning her high school prom into a complete mess.
Adapted from Stephen King's novel of the same name, "Carrie" follows a school girl named Carrie White who is outcast by her peers and put in isolation by her deeply religious mother. As she reaches puberty, the young girl possesses a destructive telepathic power that she uses for lethal means to execute her classmates who bully her during a prom night.
Also starring Judy Greer, Gabriella Wilde, and Portia Doubleday, the film is produced by Kevin Misher and penned by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. The horror film, which is a remake of Brian De Palma's 1976 film of the same name, is set to be released on October 18 in the United States.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years