Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry Spoof 'The Color Purple' for OWN Ad
Madea crosses path with Sofia of "The Color Purple" in an OWN commercial. Oprah Winfrey reprises her Oscar-nominated role from the Steven Spielberg-directed movie, teaming up with Tyler Perry who appears as his beloved character Madea in the parody to promote Perry's upcoming new series on the network.
In the video, Perry's Madea bumps into Winfrey's Sofia on a dirt road. He asks for directions to OWN, but she replies dramatically, "All my life I had to fight. I had to fight to impress folks. I had to fight the ratings. I had to fight them haters. Girl, child, it ain't safe in the world for a cable channel."
Confused Perry says he's simply looking for which channel OWN is depending on his cable provider. "I loves OWN. God knows I do. But I ain't going to let nobody beat me," Winfrey continues saying. "You want a great cable channel, you find OWN like everybody else been doing," she adds, before walking away.
Winfrey and Perry filmed the parody outside of Atlanta, Georgia. They are gearing up for the premiere of "The Have and the Have Nots" on May 28 and "Love Thy Neighbor" on May 29 on OWN. Both scripted series are created and executive produced by Perry.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'