Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry Spoof 'The Color Purple' for OWN Ad
Madea crosses path with Sofia of "The Color Purple" in an OWN commercial. Oprah Winfrey reprises her Oscar-nominated role from the Steven Spielberg-directed movie, teaming up with Tyler Perry who appears as his beloved character Madea in the parody to promote Perry's upcoming new series on the network.
In the video, Perry's Madea bumps into Winfrey's Sofia on a dirt road. He asks for directions to OWN, but she replies dramatically, "All my life I had to fight. I had to fight to impress folks. I had to fight the ratings. I had to fight them haters. Girl, child, it ain't safe in the world for a cable channel."
Confused Perry says he's simply looking for which channel OWN is depending on his cable provider. "I loves OWN. God knows I do. But I ain't going to let nobody beat me," Winfrey continues saying. "You want a great cable channel, you find OWN like everybody else been doing," she adds, before walking away.
Winfrey and Perry filmed the parody outside of Atlanta, Georgia. They are gearing up for the premiere of "The Have and the Have Nots" on May 28 and "Love Thy Neighbor" on May 29 on OWN. Both scripted series are created and executive produced by Perry.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris