Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry Spoof 'The Color Purple' for OWN Ad
Madea crosses path with Sofia of "The Color Purple" in an OWN commercial. Oprah Winfrey reprises her Oscar-nominated role from the Steven Spielberg-directed movie, teaming up with Tyler Perry who appears as his beloved character Madea in the parody to promote Perry's upcoming new series on the network.
In the video, Perry's Madea bumps into Winfrey's Sofia on a dirt road. He asks for directions to OWN, but she replies dramatically, "All my life I had to fight. I had to fight to impress folks. I had to fight the ratings. I had to fight them haters. Girl, child, it ain't safe in the world for a cable channel."
Confused Perry says he's simply looking for which channel OWN is depending on his cable provider. "I loves OWN. God knows I do. But I ain't going to let nobody beat me," Winfrey continues saying. "You want a great cable channel, you find OWN like everybody else been doing," she adds, before walking away.
Winfrey and Perry filmed the parody outside of Atlanta, Georgia. They are gearing up for the premiere of "The Have and the Have Nots" on May 28 and "Love Thy Neighbor" on May 29 on OWN. Both scripted series are created and executive produced by Perry.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics