Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry Spoof 'The Color Purple' for OWN Ad
Madea crosses path with Sofia of "The Color Purple" in an OWN commercial. Oprah Winfrey reprises her Oscar-nominated role from the Steven Spielberg-directed movie, teaming up with Tyler Perry who appears as his beloved character Madea in the parody to promote Perry's upcoming new series on the network.
In the video, Perry's Madea bumps into Winfrey's Sofia on a dirt road. He asks for directions to OWN, but she replies dramatically, "All my life I had to fight. I had to fight to impress folks. I had to fight the ratings. I had to fight them haters. Girl, child, it ain't safe in the world for a cable channel."
Confused Perry says he's simply looking for which channel OWN is depending on his cable provider. "I loves OWN. God knows I do. But I ain't going to let nobody beat me," Winfrey continues saying. "You want a great cable channel, you find OWN like everybody else been doing," she adds, before walking away.
Winfrey and Perry filmed the parody outside of Atlanta, Georgia. They are gearing up for the premiere of "The Have and the Have Nots" on May 28 and "Love Thy Neighbor" on May 29 on OWN. Both scripted series are created and executive produced by Perry.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media