Lana Del Rey, will.i.am, Fergie and More Sing on Jay-Z's 'Great Gatsby' Soundtrack
When rap mogul Jay-Z said he's bringing the world's top musical artists together for The Great Gatsby" soundtrack he has signed on to executive produce, the 43-year-old superstar really put his money where his mouth is. After it was announced a few days ago that his wife Beyonce Knowles would be covering Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" with Andre 3000 a.k.a Andre Benjamin, Interscope Records has now unveiled the full track list to reveal more A-list acts in the roster.
Indie pop star Lana del Rey lends her vocals and songwriting skills on "Young and Beautiful", a writing collaboration with the movie's director, Baz Luhrmann, and the first single to be released off the much-anticipated soundtrack. Of course, the album won't be complete without a song from Jay-Z himself, whose "100$ Bill" is the first title in the 14-track compilation.
Black Eyed Peas' members will.i.am and Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) sing in separate tracks, "Bang Bang" and "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)" respectively, while "Somebody That I Used to Know" singer Gotye handles the track "Hearts a Mess". Other popular acts listed include rock musician Jack White, indie rock band Florence and the Machine, and soul/R 'n' B singer Emeli Sande.
"The Great Gatsby" soundtrack will be released officially on May 7, and from the looks of the artists invited to sing on it, it will be a remarkable collection of indie, hip-hop and neo-jazz tunes. It will debut three days ahead of the movie's theater run beginning on May 10.
"The Great Gatsby" Soundtrack:
- "100$ Bill" - Jay-Z
- "Back to Black" - "Beyonce Knowles and Andre 3000
- "Bang Bang" - will.i.am
- "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)" - Fergie, Q Tip and GoonRock
- "Young and Beautiful" - Lana Del Rey
- "Love Is the Drug" - Bryan Ferry with The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
- "Over the Love" - Florence and the Machine
- "Where the Wind Blows" - Coco O. of Quadron
- "Crazy in Love" - Emeli Sande and The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
- "Together" - The xx
- "Hearts a Mess" - Gotye
- "Love Is Blindness" - Jack White
- "Into the Past" - Nero
- "Kill and Run" - Sia
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences