'Game of Thrones' Actress Lena Headey Explains Financial Struggles in Court Documents
One day after Lena Headey was reported being dead broke, details of her financial woes were revealed. In court documents she filed in response to her estranged husband's legal request for half of their 2011 tax refund, she said the problems arose during their marriage after she stopped working due to her pregnancy.
The 39-year-old actress married Peter Loughran, a musician, in 2007 and gave birth to their first and only child, Wylie, in 2010. The "Game of Thrones" star claimed they, after she was jobless, "burned through their savings" and "incurred a substantial amount of consumer debt to pay for our living expense during marriage."
Despite playing a lead role in one of the most popular TV shows this season, "at the present time, I have less than $5 in my bank account and have been using credit cards to pay for living expenses for myself and our son Wylie," the Queen Regent Cersei Lannister depicter said in her 79-page filing obtained by E! News.
She, however, does say she expects to receive acting income in the near future, but she needs a $6,000 advance from the tax refund right now. A hearing is scheduled for April 26.
Headey and Loughran split in 2011 and she filed for divorce in July 2012. Their son is two years old now and currently lives primarily with her.
More Lena Headey News
- Katt Williams Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting a Woman
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram