'Game of Thrones' Actress Lena Headey Explains Financial Struggles in Court Documents
One day after Lena Headey was reported being dead broke, details of her financial woes were revealed. In court documents she filed in response to her estranged husband's legal request for half of their 2011 tax refund, she said the problems arose during their marriage after she stopped working due to her pregnancy.
The 39-year-old actress married Peter Loughran, a musician, in 2007 and gave birth to their first and only child, Wylie, in 2010. The "Game of Thrones" star claimed they, after she was jobless, "burned through their savings" and "incurred a substantial amount of consumer debt to pay for our living expense during marriage."
Despite playing a lead role in one of the most popular TV shows this season, "at the present time, I have less than $5 in my bank account and have been using credit cards to pay for living expenses for myself and our son Wylie," the Queen Regent Cersei Lannister depicter said in her 79-page filing obtained by E! News.
She, however, does say she expects to receive acting income in the near future, but she needs a $6,000 advance from the tax refund right now. A hearing is scheduled for April 26.
Headey and Loughran split in 2011 and she filed for divorce in July 2012. Their son is two years old now and currently lives primarily with her.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March