'American Idol' Shocking Results: Burnell Taylor Out, Lazaro Arbos in the Top 3
Another week, another guys is eliminated on "American Idol" season 12. Receiving the same fate as Curtis Finch Jr., Paul Jolley and Devin Velez who were sent home earlier, Burnell Taylor got the boot on the April 4 results show.
The 19-year-old New Orleans native sang India.Arie's "Ready for Love" for his survival song, but the judges decided not to keep him on the show. "Unfortunately, Ryan, we're not going to use it," Randy Jackson announced. "Sorry, Burnell. Good luck, good luck. We love you."
Burnell's elimination wasn't really a surprise since he didn't manage to deliver Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" well. Mentor Jimmy Iovine had predicted he would be in the bottom two along with Lazaro Arbos, saying Burnell "got it all wrong. He gave rock a bad name last night." The music producer also criticized Burnell for not studying his song.
Surprisingly, Lazaro whom Jimmy thought would be sent home was one of the week's top three vote-getters along with Angie Miller and Kree Harrison. More shocking, Janelle Arthur landed in the bottom two along with Burnell despite her solid performance.
Taking the stage as musical performers on Thursday night were former "Idol" winner Carrie Underwood, who sang her new single "See You Again", and season-nine finalist Casey James who performed his latest single "The Good Life".
More American Idol News
- '13 Reasons Why' Is Near Season 2 Renewal on Netflix
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years
- Ellen DeGeneres Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Coming Out in Special Episode
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle