'Arrested Development' Gets Premiere Date and Extra Episode
Netflix has finally set a premiere date for "Arrested Development" season 4. The Internet streaming media announced on its Twitter page that the new installment of the Mitchell Hurwitz-created series would launch 15 new episodes Sunday, May 26 at 12:01 A.M. PDT.
"We've made a huge mistake! There are actually 15 new episodes of @ArrestedDev on May 26," so it tweeted along with a poster featuring an orange storage compartment with the caption, "The final countdown begins."
When first officially announcing the return of "Arrested Development" in late 2011, Netflix commissioned 10 episodes for the new season. In January this year, Netflix said the show would debut 14 new episodes sometime in May.
All 15 new episodes of the Emmy-winning sitcom will be available instantly on the premiere date in territories where Netflix is available - U.S., Canada, the UK, Ireland, Latin America, Brazil and the Nordics.
"We are doing something very ambitious that can only be done with Netflix as partners and on their platform," says series creator and executive producer Mitch Hurwitz. "Finally my simple wish for the show is coming true: that it be broadcast every second around the clock to every television, computer or mobile device in existence."
Original cast including Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi and Michael Cera all returns to the fourth season. Hurwitz once said the new season would act as an anthology, with each episode dedicated "to a character's a point of view."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns