TLC Turns 'Breaking Amish' Season 2 Into Spin-Off With Additional New Cast
"Breaking Amish" will continue on TLC for another season as previously announced, but there will be a slight change. The series which premiered in September 2012 will still follow the story of the five young Anabaptist adults from the first season, but it will be made into a spin-off, "Breaking Amish: A Brave New World", with a new setting of Florida.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Abe, Rebecca, Kate, Sabrina and Jeremiah will return and together they will "make a fresh start in a large ex-Amish community in Sarasota, where they're surprised to discover even more culture shock, unexpected enemies and surprises from family members with their own agendas."
"The Breaking Amish franchise is a remarkable look at individuals facing a critical crossroads in their lives: whether to pursue the dreams they've always had or stay in the only life they've ever known," TLC GM Amy Winter said. "Both iterations of the series follow a group of young men and women on their own journeys of self-discovery, complex relationships and understanding the world around them."
Last year, "Breaking Amish" saw the cast experiencing the realities of living in New York City and facing new situations involving work, friendship, romance, and lifestyle. It pulled in an average 3.2 million viewers, despite critique on its authenticity for having a cast who had left their respective communities for years.
Production for the new spin-off will begin in the spring with three new women and four men joining the cast. It's planned to premiere at 10 P.M. Sunday, May 12.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture