Brad Pitt May Join World War II Drama 'Fury'
Sought-after actor Brad Pitt might be involved in another World War II project. Previously starring in Quentin Tarantino's "Inglourious Basterds", the actor and film producer is now reported to be in final negotiations to be the leading man in David Ayer's upcoming drama "Fury".
"Fury" is Ayer's World War II-themed script which was bought by QED International for $1 million. Taking place in 1945 after the fall of the Nazy regime, the film sees the five-man crew of an American tank named Fury that runs across a desperate German division. Unlike many war-themed films, the movie "digs deep into the complexities of battlefield heroism" in a way that "lands with a modern audience."
"[I want to] bring a fresh execution to the genre. What these men went through is worthy of a complex, honest portrayal. This will have incredible, visceral action and complex rich characters," Ayer describes his project.
Produced by QED's Bill Block, John Lesher and Ethan Smith, the film will start its production in September and is expected to get a 2015 release.
Meanwhile, Pitt will next be seen in Marc Forster's "World War Z", which will be released in the United States on June 21.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna