Ryan Gosling Picks a Fight in First 'Only God Forgives' Red Band Trailer
The first red band trailer for Nicolas Winding Refn-directed film "Only God Forgives" has been unleashed online. Backed by the music of Thai group Proud, the clip sees the dark side of Ryan Gosling's Julian as he silently hunts down The Angel of Vengeance, his brother's murderer, under moody red lights in Bangkok.
The video shows how Julian is close to his mother's description of him, "different." The Englishman is seen grabbing a man's mouth and mercilessly dragging him down the floor with an expressionless look. Near the end, the clip sees Julian calmly saying to a Thai man, "Wanna fight?", hinting that he finally finds the murderer and is ready to punish him without remorse.
"Only God Forgives" follows Julian, who runs a Thai boxing club as a front organization for his family's drug smuggling operation. He is then forced by his mother Jenna to find and kill the individual responsible for his brother's recent death.
In addition to Gosling, the thriller includes Kristin Scott Thomas, Tom Burke and Vithaya Pansringarm in the cast ensemble. The Lene Borglum-produced film, which marks the second collaboration of Gosling with Refn, will arrive in U.S. theaters on July 19.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones