Ryan Gosling Picks a Fight in First 'Only God Forgives' Red Band Trailer
The first red band trailer for Nicolas Winding Refn-directed film "Only God Forgives" has been unleashed online. Backed by the music of Thai group Proud, the clip sees the dark side of Ryan Gosling's Julian as he silently hunts down The Angel of Vengeance, his brother's murderer, under moody red lights in Bangkok.
The video shows how Julian is close to his mother's description of him, "different." The Englishman is seen grabbing a man's mouth and mercilessly dragging him down the floor with an expressionless look. Near the end, the clip sees Julian calmly saying to a Thai man, "Wanna fight?", hinting that he finally finds the murderer and is ready to punish him without remorse.
"Only God Forgives" follows Julian, who runs a Thai boxing club as a front organization for his family's drug smuggling operation. He is then forced by his mother Jenna to find and kill the individual responsible for his brother's recent death.
In addition to Gosling, the thriller includes Kristin Scott Thomas, Tom Burke and Vithaya Pansringarm in the cast ensemble. The Lene Borglum-produced film, which marks the second collaboration of Gosling with Refn, will arrive in U.S. theaters on July 19.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'