Ryan Gosling Picks a Fight in First 'Only God Forgives' Red Band Trailer
The first red band trailer for Nicolas Winding Refn-directed film "Only God Forgives" has been unleashed online. Backed by the music of Thai group Proud, the clip sees the dark side of Ryan Gosling's Julian as he silently hunts down The Angel of Vengeance, his brother's murderer, under moody red lights in Bangkok.
The video shows how Julian is close to his mother's description of him, "different." The Englishman is seen grabbing a man's mouth and mercilessly dragging him down the floor with an expressionless look. Near the end, the clip sees Julian calmly saying to a Thai man, "Wanna fight?", hinting that he finally finds the murderer and is ready to punish him without remorse.
"Only God Forgives" follows Julian, who runs a Thai boxing club as a front organization for his family's drug smuggling operation. He is then forced by his mother Jenna to find and kill the individual responsible for his brother's recent death.
In addition to Gosling, the thriller includes Kristin Scott Thomas, Tom Burke and Vithaya Pansringarm in the cast ensemble. The Lene Borglum-produced film, which marks the second collaboration of Gosling with Refn, will arrive in U.S. theaters on July 19.
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development