Ryan Gosling Picks a Fight in First 'Only God Forgives' Red Band Trailer
The first red band trailer for Nicolas Winding Refn-directed film "Only God Forgives" has been unleashed online. Backed by the music of Thai group Proud, the clip sees the dark side of Ryan Gosling's Julian as he silently hunts down The Angel of Vengeance, his brother's murderer, under moody red lights in Bangkok.
The video shows how Julian is close to his mother's description of him, "different." The Englishman is seen grabbing a man's mouth and mercilessly dragging him down the floor with an expressionless look. Near the end, the clip sees Julian calmly saying to a Thai man, "Wanna fight?", hinting that he finally finds the murderer and is ready to punish him without remorse.
"Only God Forgives" follows Julian, who runs a Thai boxing club as a front organization for his family's drug smuggling operation. He is then forced by his mother Jenna to find and kill the individual responsible for his brother's recent death.
In addition to Gosling, the thriller includes Kristin Scott Thomas, Tom Burke and Vithaya Pansringarm in the cast ensemble. The Lene Borglum-produced film, which marks the second collaboration of Gosling with Refn, will arrive in U.S. theaters on July 19.
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt