Ryan Gosling Picks a Fight in First 'Only God Forgives' Red Band Trailer
The first red band trailer for Nicolas Winding Refn-directed film "Only God Forgives" has been unleashed online. Backed by the music of Thai group Proud, the clip sees the dark side of Ryan Gosling's Julian as he silently hunts down The Angel of Vengeance, his brother's murderer, under moody red lights in Bangkok.
The video shows how Julian is close to his mother's description of him, "different." The Englishman is seen grabbing a man's mouth and mercilessly dragging him down the floor with an expressionless look. Near the end, the clip sees Julian calmly saying to a Thai man, "Wanna fight?", hinting that he finally finds the murderer and is ready to punish him without remorse.
"Only God Forgives" follows Julian, who runs a Thai boxing club as a front organization for his family's drug smuggling operation. He is then forced by his mother Jenna to find and kill the individual responsible for his brother's recent death.
In addition to Gosling, the thriller includes Kristin Scott Thomas, Tom Burke and Vithaya Pansringarm in the cast ensemble. The Lene Borglum-produced film, which marks the second collaboration of Gosling with Refn, will arrive in U.S. theaters on July 19.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!