Jennifer Garner Calls Ben Affleck's Oscar Speech 'Warmest Compliment'
While some people assumed from Ben Affleck's acceptance speech at the 2013 Oscars that his marriage with Jennifer Garner was almost in jeopardy, Jennifer had her own opinion on her husband's speech. In an interview with Telegraph, the 40-year-old actress said her marriage was perfectly fine and Ben's statement was actually a compliment.
"I know. I had a friend call and say, 'Are you OK?' " Jennifer said about how people interpreted Ben's speech negatively. "I know Ben, I knew he meant it as the hugest, warmest compliment in the world."
"I think he was saying, 'Look, what we have is really real and I value it above all and I'm in it with you and I know you are in it with me.' That's the way I took it," Jennifer added. "Poor guy. It's so horrible to put yourself out there - he didn't have to worry about it from my point of view."
When giving a speech after his film "Argo" won Best Picture at the 2013 Oscars back in February, Ben thanked his wife for nearly eight years, saying, "I want to thank you for working on our marriage for 10 Christmases. It's good. It is work, but the best kind of work and there's no one I'd rather work with."
More Jennifer Garner News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart