Jennifer Garner Calls Ben Affleck's Oscar Speech 'Warmest Compliment'
While some people assumed from Ben Affleck's acceptance speech at the 2013 Oscars that his marriage with Jennifer Garner was almost in jeopardy, Jennifer had her own opinion on her husband's speech. In an interview with Telegraph, the 40-year-old actress said her marriage was perfectly fine and Ben's statement was actually a compliment.
"I know. I had a friend call and say, 'Are you OK?' " Jennifer said about how people interpreted Ben's speech negatively. "I know Ben, I knew he meant it as the hugest, warmest compliment in the world."
"I think he was saying, 'Look, what we have is really real and I value it above all and I'm in it with you and I know you are in it with me.' That's the way I took it," Jennifer added. "Poor guy. It's so horrible to put yourself out there - he didn't have to worry about it from my point of view."
When giving a speech after his film "Argo" won Best Picture at the 2013 Oscars back in February, Ben thanked his wife for nearly eight years, saying, "I want to thank you for working on our marriage for 10 Christmases. It's good. It is work, but the best kind of work and there's no one I'd rather work with."
More Jennifer Garner News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance