Jennifer Garner Calls Ben Affleck's Oscar Speech 'Warmest Compliment'
While some people assumed from Ben Affleck's acceptance speech at the 2013 Oscars that his marriage with Jennifer Garner was almost in jeopardy, Jennifer had her own opinion on her husband's speech. In an interview with Telegraph, the 40-year-old actress said her marriage was perfectly fine and Ben's statement was actually a compliment.
"I know. I had a friend call and say, 'Are you OK?' " Jennifer said about how people interpreted Ben's speech negatively. "I know Ben, I knew he meant it as the hugest, warmest compliment in the world."
"I think he was saying, 'Look, what we have is really real and I value it above all and I'm in it with you and I know you are in it with me.' That's the way I took it," Jennifer added. "Poor guy. It's so horrible to put yourself out there - he didn't have to worry about it from my point of view."
When giving a speech after his film "Argo" won Best Picture at the 2013 Oscars back in February, Ben thanked his wife for nearly eight years, saying, "I want to thank you for working on our marriage for 10 Christmases. It's good. It is work, but the best kind of work and there's no one I'd rather work with."
More Jennifer Garner News
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson