Jennifer Garner Calls Ben Affleck's Oscar Speech 'Warmest Compliment'
While some people assumed from Ben Affleck's acceptance speech at the 2013 Oscars that his marriage with Jennifer Garner was almost in jeopardy, Jennifer had her own opinion on her husband's speech. In an interview with Telegraph, the 40-year-old actress said her marriage was perfectly fine and Ben's statement was actually a compliment.
"I know. I had a friend call and say, 'Are you OK?' " Jennifer said about how people interpreted Ben's speech negatively. "I know Ben, I knew he meant it as the hugest, warmest compliment in the world."
"I think he was saying, 'Look, what we have is really real and I value it above all and I'm in it with you and I know you are in it with me.' That's the way I took it," Jennifer added. "Poor guy. It's so horrible to put yourself out there - he didn't have to worry about it from my point of view."
When giving a speech after his film "Argo" won Best Picture at the 2013 Oscars back in February, Ben thanked his wife for nearly eight years, saying, "I want to thank you for working on our marriage for 10 Christmases. It's good. It is work, but the best kind of work and there's no one I'd rather work with."
More Jennifer Garner News
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer