Diana Ross and Lisa Marie Presley on Witness List in Michael Jackson Wrongful Death Trial
Diana Ross and Lisa Marie Presley are expected to make appearances in Michael Jackson wrongful death trial that pits the famous family with giant concert promoter AEG Live. According to ET, Diana who was a close friend of Michael's and Lisa who was once married to the late singer are on the witness list.
Producer Quincy Jones who frequently worked with the King of Pop on his albums including 1987's "Bad", and filmmaker Spike Lee who helped put together a 2012 documentary film about the 25th anniversary of the monster album are on the witness list as well along with Katherine Jackson, Paris, Prince and Blanket.
Michael's mother Katherine and his children filed a lawsuit against AEG Live in September 2010. The family sued the promoter over the hiring of Dr. Conrad Murray who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the King of Pop's untimely death. They're seeking a reported $40 billion for loss of future earnings and other damages.
In a pre-trial, judge said the defendants were allowed to revisit Michael's dark past in the sex abuse case, where MJ was acquitted on all counts, as it might be relevant to the late singer's history of drug abuse and despondency. Jury selections started Tuesday, April 2.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism