Diana Ross and Lisa Marie Presley on Witness List in Michael Jackson Wrongful Death Trial
Diana Ross and Lisa Marie Presley are expected to make appearances in Michael Jackson wrongful death trial that pits the famous family with giant concert promoter AEG Live. According to ET, Diana who was a close friend of Michael's and Lisa who was once married to the late singer are on the witness list.
Producer Quincy Jones who frequently worked with the King of Pop on his albums including 1987's "Bad", and filmmaker Spike Lee who helped put together a 2012 documentary film about the 25th anniversary of the monster album are on the witness list as well along with Katherine Jackson, Paris, Prince and Blanket.
Michael's mother Katherine and his children filed a lawsuit against AEG Live in September 2010. The family sued the promoter over the hiring of Dr. Conrad Murray who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the King of Pop's untimely death. They're seeking a reported $40 billion for loss of future earnings and other damages.
In a pre-trial, judge said the defendants were allowed to revisit Michael's dark past in the sex abuse case, where MJ was acquitted on all counts, as it might be relevant to the late singer's history of drug abuse and despondency. Jury selections started Tuesday, April 2.
More Diana Ross News
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes