Two Men Convicted of Plotting to Murder Joss Stone
The jury found Kevin Liverpool and Kevin Bradshaw guilty of conspiracy to murder and rob singer Joss Stone after a three-week trial at Exeter Crown Court on Wednesday, April 3. Liverpool received a life imprisonment with a minimum 10 years in jail, while Bradshaw's sentencing was delayed.
The 25-year-old singer, whose real name is Jocelyn Stoker, is represented by her mother, Wendy Joseph, to thank fans' support and kind wishes. "Joss and myself and indeed our whole family are relieved that the trial is now over and that these men are no longer in a position to cause harm to anyone," she said. ''Joss would like to thank everybody for their support and their good wishes.''
Following the conviction, Superintendent Steve Parker, the Senior Investigating Officer, said in a statement, "This has been a long and difficult investigation. While on the face of it the circumstances speak for themselves, the enquiry has involved some complex areas of law and presented significant challenges to the investigation team." He also thanked Stone, her family and her management for "their ongoing support and assistance to the investigation team throughout this investigation."
Back in 2011, Liverpool and Bradshaw were arrested near Stone's home in Devon, England, after neighbors called cops for their suspicious activity. The duo armed themselves with a samurai sword along with hammers, a metal spike and knife.
Inside their car, cops found a roll of plastic body bags, marked maps, and hand written notes detailing the murder and rob plan. "Once Jocelyn's dead... find a river to dump her," the notes read. Through the notes, cops also learned that the men disapproved the singer being invited to Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding.
After the incident, Stone said she didn't understand why those men targeted her. "I'm fine, if slightly baffled by it. I can't stress about what didn't happen, that would seem silly," she said. "Every job has positives and negatives and I guess this was one of the negatives that comes with mine. I don't expect life to be perfect. I just try to make it as fun as possible."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?