Heidi Klum on Saving Son From Drowning: 'I Did What Any Mother Would Do'
Heidi Klum talked about her heroic act to rescue her 7-year-old son Henry and two nannies from drowning during a vacation in Hawaii, saying that any mother would do the same if similar situation happened. "People are used to seeing me on the beach in a bikini, smiling with the wind in my hair," Heidi told PEOPLE.
"These photos taken recently look much worse that it really was that day. I did what any mother would do. Henry swam out of it. I grabbed him at the shore. The nannies were the ones in much deeper trouble," said the mother of four. "The family was surprised that we were being photographed and no one would come help us. Never underestimate the power of the ocean," she added.
Heidi and family were in Hawaii over the weekend when strong waves hit the shore and almost sucked Henry and two nannies to the sea on Sunday, March 31. Heidi came to their rescue with boyfriend Martin Kirsten. "We got pulled into the ocean by a big wave. Of course, as a mother, I was very scared for my child and everyone else in the water. Henry is a strong swimmer and was able to swim back to land. We were able to get everyone out safely," she said in a statement.
Heidi and family were back to Los Angeles on Monday, April 1. She and Henry looked happy as they rode at the back of a golf car at LAX.
More Heidi Klum News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier