Heidi Klum on Saving Son From Drowning: 'I Did What Any Mother Would Do'
Heidi Klum talked about her heroic act to rescue her 7-year-old son Henry and two nannies from drowning during a vacation in Hawaii, saying that any mother would do the same if similar situation happened. "People are used to seeing me on the beach in a bikini, smiling with the wind in my hair," Heidi told PEOPLE.
"These photos taken recently look much worse that it really was that day. I did what any mother would do. Henry swam out of it. I grabbed him at the shore. The nannies were the ones in much deeper trouble," said the mother of four. "The family was surprised that we were being photographed and no one would come help us. Never underestimate the power of the ocean," she added.
Heidi and family were in Hawaii over the weekend when strong waves hit the shore and almost sucked Henry and two nannies to the sea on Sunday, March 31. Heidi came to their rescue with boyfriend Martin Kirsten. "We got pulled into the ocean by a big wave. Of course, as a mother, I was very scared for my child and everyone else in the water. Henry is a strong swimmer and was able to swim back to land. We were able to get everyone out safely," she said in a statement.
Heidi and family were back to Los Angeles on Monday, April 1. She and Henry looked happy as they rode at the back of a golf car at LAX.
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge