Zoe Saldana May Play Gamora in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
"Guardians of the Galaxy" is close to find its female lead. Zoe Saldana, who has plenty of experiences in science-fiction films including "Star Trek" and "Avatar", is reported to have had talks with Marvel Studios to play Gamora in its upcoming film.
Gamora is a green-skinned humanoid who is the last of a species in the universe and a skilled assassin. If Marvel and the 34-year-old actress reach an agreement, she will team up with Chris Pratt, who was cast in February as Star-Lord, and Dave Bautista, who was chosen last month to play Drax the Destroyer.
"Guardians of the Galaxy" centers on Pratt's Star-Lord, a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants. The space-set adventure movie will include the giant tree-man Groot and the talking raccoon Rocket.
Michael Rooker has explicitly shown his interest in portraying Rocket. Last October, the Merle Dixon of "The Walking Dead" admitted that he would be "very honored and pleased" to be cast as Rocket, saying, "If the fans want me as Rocket Raccoon, Marvel will listen to you guys."
The film will be directed by James Gunn, who will also serve as the writer alongside Nicole Perlman and Chris McCoy. Set to begin the production in June, the film will make its way out in U.S. theaters on August 1, 2014.
Saldana has recently wrapped crime drama "Out of the Furnace" with Christian Bale. She'll return as Uhura in "Star Trek Into Darkness" which will hit U.S. theaters on May 17, and is set to reprise her motion-capture role as Neytiri in "Avatar 2".
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences