Richie Sambora Walks Out on Bon Jovi Tour Due to 'Personal Issues'
After first citing an ambiguous "personal issues" reason as to why Richie Sambora has decided not to continue playing in Bon Jovi's current tour, latest reports say it was actually a long-standing feud with frontman Jon Bon Jovi that has prompted the guitarist to walk out on their Wednesday night Edmonton show in Alberta, Canada and the rest of their tour dates. Thus, the 53-year-old rock musician will no longer be seen on any of the legendary band's remaining performances until their "Because We Can Tour" comes to an end.
The tension between Sambora and Jon was reportedly caused by money issues. The financial feud was said to be something that the songwriting duo had long been experiencing and it was only a matter of time before Sambora would decide to call it quits with his group. A source added that apart from the finances, the constant belittling that the guitarist got from the lead singer may had added more fuel to the fire.
Other reports suggested Sambora's abrupt pull out might have been due to a bout with substance abuse. He has repeatedly gone in and out of rehab as a consequence of his addiction.
Without Sambora, Jon and other band members David Bryon and Tico Torres will have to make do as they play the rest of their tour's North America leg on April 25 in San Jose, California. They will then trek across Europe, South America and South Africa for the rest of their world tour which ends in October back in the U.S.
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified