Richie Sambora Walks Out on Bon Jovi Tour Due to 'Personal Issues'
After first citing an ambiguous "personal issues" reason as to why Richie Sambora has decided not to continue playing in Bon Jovi's current tour, latest reports say it was actually a long-standing feud with frontman Jon Bon Jovi that has prompted the guitarist to walk out on their Wednesday night Edmonton show in Alberta, Canada and the rest of their tour dates. Thus, the 53-year-old rock musician will no longer be seen on any of the legendary band's remaining performances until their "Because We Can Tour" comes to an end.
The tension between Sambora and Jon was reportedly caused by money issues. The financial feud was said to be something that the songwriting duo had long been experiencing and it was only a matter of time before Sambora would decide to call it quits with his group. A source added that apart from the finances, the constant belittling that the guitarist got from the lead singer may had added more fuel to the fire.
Other reports suggested Sambora's abrupt pull out might have been due to a bout with substance abuse. He has repeatedly gone in and out of rehab as a consequence of his addiction.
Without Sambora, Jon and other band members David Bryon and Tico Torres will have to make do as they play the rest of their tour's North America leg on April 25 in San Jose, California. They will then trek across Europe, South America and South Africa for the rest of their world tour which ends in October back in the U.S.
More Bon Jovi News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation