Clark Gable's Son Says He Blacked Out Before Car Crash, Denies DUI Allegations
John Clark Gable breaks silence after he was arrested in an April 2 multi-car crash for allegedly driving under influence. He tells TMZ he "absolutely was not drinking" alcohol before the accident, saying the only medication he's currently taking is for a minor leg injury from mountain biking.
The son of Hollywood legend Clark Gable, however, admits he fell unconscious for an unknown reason before his car crashed. According to him, the last thing he remembers was getting cut off by a van, and when he woke up, he had hit a phone pole.
52-year-old John claims that he has a history of brain aneurysms and has undergone surgeries for his illness back in 2006 and another in 2009. He plans to see a doctor to find out if the aneurysm has something to do with what happened on Tuesday.
According to police reports, John who was driving a white Ford pickup first rear-ended a vehicle near the Malibu Pier at about 3 P.M. When he didn't stop, his victim called 911 and followed him where he eventually hit six parked cars in the 21300 block of Pacific Coast Highway.
"The police guy opened the door for his truck and was telling him to get out of his truck," a witness told KTLA-TV. "It took him a few seconds to get out of his truck and then finally when he got out I guess he was in shock or something. He just fell on the floor."
He was taken into custody for investigation of DUI and hit-and-run. He was held on $15,000 bond before being released late Tuesday night. His blood alcohol level was tested after the accidents, but the results have not been released.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says