Kendra Wilkinson Apologizes for Quitting 'Splash'
Kendra Wilkinson has withdrawn from "Splash". The former girlfriend of Playboy honcho Hugh Hefner announced on the show Tuesday, April 2 that she quit the diving competition due to her fear of heights.
"I'm so sorry, everybody," she said with tears in her eyes as she was unable to dive from the 23-foot-high platform. "It's bittersweet. One thing I don't do is quit. This is the first time in my life I've quit something. This will haunt me for the rest of my life." Later after the show, she wrote on Twitter, "Damn I got a lot of hate tonight but ill take it. Big mistake signing up for the show. Sorry I let you all down."
The next day, the 27-year-old model and television personality updated her account with a message which read, "Thank u to all those who supported me last night. Means a lot you stuck by my side. Today's a new day and I'm still proud. #Shutuphaters." She added, "I have no disappointment in myself. I did what I could n that was that. Diving is just not my thing n I found that out throughout the show."
On the ABC reality series, Kendra was paired with extreme skier Rory Bushfield. She had admitted before that she had a serious fear of heights. "I start spinning, I start wanting to throw up, I'm shaking, my fingers wiggle," she once told E! News. "It's ilke a real thing, when my fingers wiggle - that's, like, a truth."
Her coach Greg Louganis, however, didn't buy it, calling her diving anxiety "an act." This led to a spat between the two, with Kendra telling Greg, "What the [expletive] do you think you're telling me right now? That I don't have a [expletive] fear of heights? I'm sick of you picking on me, Greg... I'm working on me, not you. Tell America right now that my fear of heights is an act."
Prior to Kendra, Chuy Bravo withdrew from "Splash" in the second week of the competition due to an injury to his heel. Soccer star Brandi Chastain was later tapped to replace Chuy following his exit.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease