Lady GaGa Snubbed $1 Million Offer to Perform at Republican National Convention
A lawsuit filed by the American Action Network indicated that pop superstar Lady GaGa had turned down a $1 million offer to perform at last year's Republican National Convention. The information had been made known when the said Republican non-profit fundraising organization sued the event organizer tasked to book entertainers for last August's event.
Reports revealed that among all the celebrities invited, GaGa got the highest offer of all. Despite the very lucrative sum for just a one-time performance, the 26-year-old artist still declined the attractive offer. Not even an additional $150,000 to be donated to a domestic violence shelter could convince the flamboyant singer to change her mind.
Other A-listers who were invited to appear but also rejected the offers from event production company Cater America LLC were country diva Dolly Parton and Miami pop rapper Pitbull, who begged off to be featured in a Hispanic Leadership Network event. However, not everyone refused to attend the GOP convention, like bands Journey and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Mother Monster's passing off on the million-dollar paycheck may be attributed to her outspoken support for gay rights, immigration reforms, and other critical issues that Republicans have continuously attacked. Her decision not to perform at the convention might have also been influenced by then-candidate Mitt Romney's underwhelming roster of celebrity supporters which GaGa might have some qualms about if she were to be included into.
More Lady GaGa News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary