One Direction Might Perform Secret Set at Glastonbury Festival
On April 1, NME reported that a source close to One Direction disclosed that the British-Irish boyband would take one of the unannounced slots at this year's Glastonbury Festival that will run from June 26 to 30 at the Pilton farms in Somerset, in South West England. The popular heartthrobs were said to appear as special guests and would play live from Park Stage. However, the site later pointed out on its Twitter page that the article was just an April Fools' prank.
"It might seem like a strange booking at first, but One Direction are the biggest boyband on the planet and Glastonbury is the biggest festival," the purported insider said. The booking, although still not yet officially confirmed, is not far-fetched, as Barbadian princess Rihanna has been lined up to perform as a headliner at the 2013 music fest.
The site added that the fab five would be honoring previous Park Stage secret act, English rock band Radiohead, who performed their hit "Paranoid Android" at the festival back in 2011. For their special number, Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik were said to be practicing a routine patterned after the dance moves of its frontman Thom Yorke.
If the famous quintet will indeed appear at the June Glastonbury, it will turn out to be "a dream come true" for the boys, who once said back when they were starting out as "The X Factor" finalists that they wanted to headline the said event. "I love festivals and that would be amazing to be up there with those massive acts," said Louis back in 2011.
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo