Will Arnett Tapped to Join Lead Cast of 'Ninja Turtles'
"Ninja Turtles" has added another star to its cast ensemble. "Arrested Development" star Will Arnett is confirmed to play one of the lead characters in the new big-screen adaptation of the beloved cartoon heroes to be produced by Michael Bay and directed by Jonathan Liebesman.
The role the "Up All Night" actor is playing is still kept under wraps. The only vacant spots left to portray lead characters are the turtles' sensei rat Splinter, their human friend Casey, and the villainous and masked Shredder. Words have just got out that the 42-year-old hunk won't be Casey.
Alan Ritchson, Pete Ploszek, Jeremy Howard and Noel Fisher have been set to bring the four anthropomorphic turtles to life as Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo respectively. Megan Fox will be the foursome's friend, April O'Neil.
The movie will use the script written by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec ("Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol"). It is planned to hit theaters across the country on June 6, 2014.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer