Will Arnett Tapped to Join Lead Cast of 'Ninja Turtles'
"Ninja Turtles" has added another star to its cast ensemble. "Arrested Development" star Will Arnett is confirmed to play one of the lead characters in the new big-screen adaptation of the beloved cartoon heroes to be produced by Michael Bay and directed by Jonathan Liebesman.
The role the "Up All Night" actor is playing is still kept under wraps. The only vacant spots left to portray lead characters are the turtles' sensei rat Splinter, their human friend Casey, and the villainous and masked Shredder. Words have just got out that the 42-year-old hunk won't be Casey.
Alan Ritchson, Pete Ploszek, Jeremy Howard and Noel Fisher have been set to bring the four anthropomorphic turtles to life as Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo respectively. Megan Fox will be the foursome's friend, April O'Neil.
The movie will use the script written by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec ("Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol"). It is planned to hit theaters across the country on June 6, 2014.
More Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles News
- Emma Watson Interrupted by Her 'Embarrassing' Ringtone While in Interview
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini