Jimmy Fallon Close to Replace Jay Leno on 'Tonight Show' With New NBC Deal
Speculation about the possible transition on "The Tonight Show" continues with latest report saying that Jimmy Fallon has extended his deal with NBC. According to various sites, the new contract includes a point that says he will replace Jay Leno as the host of "The Tonight Show" some time in the future.
However, it remains unclear when the switch will take place. Words were, some NBC executives wanted to launch Fallon-hosted "Tonight Show" in February 2014 to take advantage of the promotional platform of the 2014 Winter Olympics, but some others including "Late Night" executive producer Lorne Michaels didn't want to rush the transition.
Should Fallon move to "Tonight Show", Seth Meyers will reportedly replace Fallon on the "Late Night" show. "It will be Seth unless something goes awry [in the dealmaking,]" a source close to the situation says, insisting that Meyers is the frontrunner to be the new "Late Night" host.
NBC remains mum on the transition reports. Meanwhile, Fallon and Leno have addressed the rumors in their own way, parodying the classic song "Tonight" from "West Side Story" Broadway musical to show that there are no hard feelings between them despite the swirling rumors.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?