Jimmy Fallon Close to Replace Jay Leno on 'Tonight Show' With New NBC Deal
Speculation about the possible transition on "The Tonight Show" continues with latest report saying that Jimmy Fallon has extended his deal with NBC. According to various sites, the new contract includes a point that says he will replace Jay Leno as the host of "The Tonight Show" some time in the future.
However, it remains unclear when the switch will take place. Words were, some NBC executives wanted to launch Fallon-hosted "Tonight Show" in February 2014 to take advantage of the promotional platform of the 2014 Winter Olympics, but some others including "Late Night" executive producer Lorne Michaels didn't want to rush the transition.
Should Fallon move to "Tonight Show", Seth Meyers will reportedly replace Fallon on the "Late Night" show. "It will be Seth unless something goes awry [in the dealmaking,]" a source close to the situation says, insisting that Meyers is the frontrunner to be the new "Late Night" host.
NBC remains mum on the transition reports. Meanwhile, Fallon and Leno have addressed the rumors in their own way, parodying the classic song "Tonight" from "West Side Story" Broadway musical to show that there are no hard feelings between them despite the swirling rumors.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?