Julianne Moore Caught in a Love Triangle in First 'The English Teacher' Trailer
The first trailer for Craig Zisk-directed romantic comedy "The English Teacher" has made its way out online. In the two-minute video, Julianne Moore portrays a passionate English teacher named Linda Sinclair who secretly has a complicated love life contrary to her simple way of life.
The encounter with Jason Sherwood, her former student who returns to his hometown as a failed playwright, turns Linda's life upside down. When the two are committed to a school project, Linda unexpectedly lets her guard down as she is romantically involved with him.
Things get more complicated as Jason's father, Dr. Tom Sherwood, gets in the way. As Tom gets to know Linda better, it seems that he starts to develop feelings for his son's former teacher. However, it is not clear whom Linda eventually ends up with and how she will solve the complications.
"The English Teacher" centers on Linda Sinclair, a 40-year-old unmarried high school English teacher in the small town of Kingston. Her simple life begins to take turn as she meets her former pupil Jason Sherwood. The sudden change brings Linda to experience the kind of life she has not been prepared for before.
Written by Dan Chariton and Stacy Chariton, "The English Teacher" also stars Nathan Lane, Greg Kinnear, Lily Collins and Michael Angarano. The film will hit U.S. theaters on May 17.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album