First Sneak Peek of Disney's 'Planes' Features 'Top Gun' Stars
Disney's "Planes" has released its first sneak peek online. The clip from the spin-off to 2006's animated film "Cars" features special actors whose voices will be recognized within seconds by many fans of "Top Gun", Val Kilmer and Anthony Edwards. The two rivals in the Tony Scott-directed film voice F/A-18E/F Super Hornets named Bravo and Echo.
The preview sees Bravo and Echo flying leisurely above the clouds. Their casual flight is suddenly interrupted by a crop duster named Dusty, voiced by Dane Cook. The orange plane challenges the F-18s to race against him, and the video later follows them engaging in a high-speed race.
"Planes" centers on Dusty, a big-hearted, fast-flying crop duster who dreams of competing in the most exhilarating around-the-world air race in history. However, Dusty is not exactly built for racing and he also happens to be afraid of heights. With the support of friends old and new, Dusty tries to make the impossible dream of reaching the highest heights come true.
Directed by Klay Hall, the film will also feature the voices of Stacy Keach, Brad Garrett, Teri Hatcher, and Priyanka Chopra. The John Lasseter-produced film is set to hit U.S. theaters on August 9.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed