Jay-Z Launches Roc Nation Sport Agency, Announces His First Athlete
Jay-Z continues to expand his business ventures. Already having a successful management artist company Roc Nation which becomes a home to Rihanna and Shakira among others, co-owning giant basketball club the Brooklyn Nets and investing into the team's new home, multi-purpose indoor arena Barclay Center, the rap mogul is now launching a sport agency.
Dubbed Roc Nation Sports, the full-service sports management company will be led by the husband of Beyonce Knowles with Juan Perez as president. They partner with CAA Sports, a division of Creative Artists Agency, and have signed New York Yankees all-star second baseman Robinson Cano as their first client.
"Because of my love of sports, it was a natural progression to form a company where we can help top athletes in various sports the same way we have been helping artists in the music industry for years," the father of one says in a statement.
"At this point in my career, I am ready to take a more active role in my endeavors both on and off the field," Cano adds. "I am confident that the pairing of Roc Nation Sports and CAA Sports will be essential in helping me accomplish my short- and long-term goals. I am making this important decision now so I can keep my focus on helping the Yankees succeed in 2013, while minimizing any distractions for me and my teammates."
More Jay-Z News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed