Jay-Z Launches Roc Nation Sport Agency, Announces His First Athlete
Jay-Z continues to expand his business ventures. Already having a successful management artist company Roc Nation which becomes a home to Rihanna and Shakira among others, co-owning giant basketball club the Brooklyn Nets and investing into the team's new home, multi-purpose indoor arena Barclay Center, the rap mogul is now launching a sport agency.
Dubbed Roc Nation Sports, the full-service sports management company will be led by the husband of Beyonce Knowles with Juan Perez as president. They partner with CAA Sports, a division of Creative Artists Agency, and have signed New York Yankees all-star second baseman Robinson Cano as their first client.
"Because of my love of sports, it was a natural progression to form a company where we can help top athletes in various sports the same way we have been helping artists in the music industry for years," the father of one says in a statement.
"At this point in my career, I am ready to take a more active role in my endeavors both on and off the field," Cano adds. "I am confident that the pairing of Roc Nation Sports and CAA Sports will be essential in helping me accomplish my short- and long-term goals. I am making this important decision now so I can keep my focus on helping the Yankees succeed in 2013, while minimizing any distractions for me and my teammates."
More Jay-Z News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March