'Transformers 4' Confirmed to Film in China and Star Chinese Actors
"Transformers 4" will see some giant alien robot cars fighting in the world's most populous country as Paramount Pictures has closed a partnership deal with two Chinese companies. Signing the deal on April 1, China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises will co-produce the Michael Bay-directed film.
The partner companies will help with the "selection of filming sites within China, theatrical promotion and possible post-production activities in China as well as casting of Chinese actors and actresses in the film."
"This is the beginning of a new era of collaboration with the Hollywood studios," says Yan Xiaoming, chairman of China Movie. "We are very confident that the China Movie Channel/Jiaflix cooperation with Paramount will result in the famous Transformers brand being an even bigger success."
Bay feels "proud and honored" to team up with the companies, saying, "I look forward to working with China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises to help reach more people here and deepen their passion for this ongoing story and its characters."
"Transformers 4" will take place four years after the events in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and is said to be darker than its predecessors. Penned by Ehren Kruger, the fourth installment will feature Mark Wahlberg as the new star, replacing Shia LaBeouf. Joining the cast ensemble are Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz. The film is set to be released on June 27, 2014 in the United States.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch