'Transformers 4' Confirmed to Film in China and Star Chinese Actors
"Transformers 4" will see some giant alien robot cars fighting in the world's most populous country as Paramount Pictures has closed a partnership deal with two Chinese companies. Signing the deal on April 1, China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises will co-produce the Michael Bay-directed film.
The partner companies will help with the "selection of filming sites within China, theatrical promotion and possible post-production activities in China as well as casting of Chinese actors and actresses in the film."
"This is the beginning of a new era of collaboration with the Hollywood studios," says Yan Xiaoming, chairman of China Movie. "We are very confident that the China Movie Channel/Jiaflix cooperation with Paramount will result in the famous Transformers brand being an even bigger success."
Bay feels "proud and honored" to team up with the companies, saying, "I look forward to working with China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises to help reach more people here and deepen their passion for this ongoing story and its characters."
"Transformers 4" will take place four years after the events in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and is said to be darker than its predecessors. Penned by Ehren Kruger, the fourth installment will feature Mark Wahlberg as the new star, replacing Shia LaBeouf. Joining the cast ensemble are Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz. The film is set to be released on June 27, 2014 in the United States.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'