'Transformers 4' Confirmed to Film in China and Star Chinese Actors
"Transformers 4" will see some giant alien robot cars fighting in the world's most populous country as Paramount Pictures has closed a partnership deal with two Chinese companies. Signing the deal on April 1, China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises will co-produce the Michael Bay-directed film.
The partner companies will help with the "selection of filming sites within China, theatrical promotion and possible post-production activities in China as well as casting of Chinese actors and actresses in the film."
"This is the beginning of a new era of collaboration with the Hollywood studios," says Yan Xiaoming, chairman of China Movie. "We are very confident that the China Movie Channel/Jiaflix cooperation with Paramount will result in the famous Transformers brand being an even bigger success."
Bay feels "proud and honored" to team up with the companies, saying, "I look forward to working with China Movie Channel and Jiaflix Enterprises to help reach more people here and deepen their passion for this ongoing story and its characters."
"Transformers 4" will take place four years after the events in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and is said to be darker than its predecessors. Penned by Ehren Kruger, the fourth installment will feature Mark Wahlberg as the new star, replacing Shia LaBeouf. Joining the cast ensemble are Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz. The film is set to be released on June 27, 2014 in the United States.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service