Khloe Kardashian Denies Lamar Odom Charity Fraud
Khloe Kardashian denied an accusation that she and her husband Lamar Odom were involved in charity scam. Khloe explained in a statement that Lamar used the money from his charity foundation Cathy's Kids to help underprivileged children and there were no problems with authorities.
"It is unfortunate that my husband has been the target of an attack on athletes' charities, although he has personally contributed approximately $2.2 million to his foundation, Cathy's Kids, to fulfill its charitable purposes that include helping underprivileged inner-city youth," she wrote.
"The millions of dollars personally contributed by Lamar constituted more than 90 percent of the money raised by the foundation. All of the funds donated by Lamar and the other contributions to Cathy's Kids were used for one of the foundation's intended charitable purposes. Not one penny went to help Lamar personally or any member of his family. No charitable funds were misused, and the IRS has repeatedly given Cathy's Kids a clean bill of health, confirming that there were no improprieties," she said on her site.
Lamar named the foundation Cathy's Kids to honor his mother who died due to stomach cancer when he was 12. The charity was originally established to "help underprivileged kids and raise money for cancer research." However, Khloe's statement revealed that the charity had changed the focus on one goal only. "A decision was ultimately made that the charity should focus on one of those purposes - to help enrich the lives of underprivileged inner-city youth," the statement read.
The statement also mentioned that Cathy's Kids used the fund to help multiple Amateur Athletic Union basketball teams provide underprivileged youth with opportunities enriching their lives, provide financial support for coaching, travel to tournaments, and help young people go to college.
Previously, ESPN's "Outside the Lines" made a report which was based on investigation, saying that Cathy's Kids did not give a single cent to cancer-related causes since 2004. The report also said that 60 percent of the $2.2 million fund was used to to help two elite basketball travel teams. The money was raised via Lamar's own site, Khloe's site and others.
More Khloe Kardashian News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says