'Finding Nemo' Sequel 'Finding Dory' to Be Released in 2015
Fans of Oscar-winning animated film "Finding Nemo" can now look forward to its sequel. Disney and its Pixar Animation unit have announced that the sequel will be called "Finding Dory", and focus on the good-hearted little blue tang fish voiced by Ellen DeGeneres. Directed by Andrew Stanton, the film is set to be released on November 25, 2015.
"I have waited for this day for a long, long, long, long, long, long time. I'm not mad it took this long. I know the people at Pixar were busy creating 'Toy Story 16'. But the time they took was worth it," DeGeneres says.
The 55-year-old comedienne then gives hints about what makes this movie worth anticipating, saying, "The script is fantastic. And it has everything I loved about the first one: It's got a lot of heart, it's really funny, and the best part is - it's got a lot more Dory."
Stanton, who previously served behind the lens for "Finding Nemo", says that "Finding Dory" and its predecessor will be much alike, revealing that Dory will be on her adventure to reunite with her "loved ones." "There is no Dory without Ellen," he says. "She won the hearts of moviegoers all over the world - not to mention our team here at Pixar."
The sequel will be set about a year after the end of the first movie, according to Disney. Part of it will be set on the California coast. Familiar characters namely clown fish Marlin, son Nemo, and the "Tank Gang" will all be back, but it is not clear whether Albert Brooks, Alexander Gould and Willem Dafoe will return to voice them.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom