Shain Gandee's Family to Raise Money in 'Mud Run' for Proper Burial
"Buckwild" cast apparently does not get much money from the MTV reality show. As Shain Gandee's family is preparing funeral for him and his uncle who was found dead with him on the muddy road, they are seeking help from his community to pay the expenses.
Shain's cousin Ashley Gandee spills she's planning a memorial off-roading event to raise funds. "I know the strain they are going through," she tells TMZ about the mourning family. "It's hard to provide a proper burial. It's already tough with the loss of family members ... expenses are tough as well."
The "mud run" event will take place Wednesday night in Proctorville, Ohio located about 50 miles from Charleston, West Virginia where "Buckwild" is filmed. Participants will be charged $10 for each vehicle with Ashley's shop Gandee's General Store taking donations.
Meanwhile, production on the "Buckwild" which is entering season 2 has been shut down following Shain's sudden death. There's no word about the long-term continuation of the series, which follows a group of friends creating their own unique ways to enjoy life in the rural area surrounding them.
"We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident," MTV said in a statement. "We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly."
Shain and his uncle were reported missing on Sunday when relatives were unable to reach them. They were last seen around 3 A.M. that morning at local Larry's Bar telling people they were going off-roading. They were found by one of Shain's friends about 15 miles outside of Charleston.
Their bodies were discovered in a red-and-white 1984 Ford Bronco with the passenger side covered with mud. Another individual identified as Donald Robert Myers, 27, another Sissonville resident, was found with them. The cause of the death is still under investigation.
It's possible that, if the muffler was submerged and the engine kept running, they died from the fatal carbon monoxide from the exhaust that filled the vehicle. Shain was 21. He was nicknamed "Gandee Candy" on the show.
Shain's "Buckwild" co-stars and his extended family from MTV's other shows like "Jersey Shore", "Teen Mom" and "The Hills" flooded Twitter with condolence and prayers for him and his grieving family.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group