Beyonce to Cover Amy Winehouse for 'The Great Gatsby' Soundtrack
As executive producer for the soundtrack of the new Baz Luhrmann film "The Great Gatsby", Jay-Z doesn't need to look far for top talent for his new project. His equally famous wife Beyonce Knowles has just been tapped to do a song for it, and it's going to be a duet with prolific record producer and rapper Andre 3000 (Andre Benjamin). They're covering the late Amy Winehouse's hit "Back to Black".
Interscope Records, who will be producing the highly-touted soundtrack, said that the Beyonce-Andre 3000 cover will be a "very different take on 'Back to Black'." The new collaboration will be the second time the R 'n' B/pop diva and the Outkast member team up on a track, the first one being Bey's 2011 single "Party".
Followers of new mega project can expect more top musical artists to join the soundtrack of the forthcoming adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's 1920s novel. The 43-year-old rap superstar was signed up by Australian filmmaker Luhrmann to put the modern jazz age energy he wanted to infuse into his latest masterpiece.
Originally set for a December release, the film's premiere was pushed to May 10 and will be shown as the opening night feature at the Cannes Film Festival in France on May 15. It stars Golden Globe Award-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio, British actress Carey Mulligan and "Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory