'The Walking Dead' Season 3 Finale Set New Series Record
"The Walking Dead" is celebrating yet again. The AMC series is unstoppable to score higher amount of viewers and to be declared the top-rated scripted show on television this season. A total of 12.4 million people tuned in to the season 3 finale last Sunday, March 31 at 9 P.M.
The "Welcome to the Tombs" episode surpassed the number posted by the mid-season premiere back in February (12.3M). The only heavy competition coming from another scripted show that night was the closer of History's "The Bible" which lured 11.7 million viewers.
The latest outing of the zombie series also scored the series' best among adults 18-49. It additionally ranked No. 1 for the night across cable and broadcast television with 8.1 million in the key demographic, easily beating NCAA basketball airing on CBS from 7-8 P.M.
Even, the wrap-up show, "Talking Dead", at 10 P.M. was triumphant against HBO's strong player "Game of Thrones". It pulled in 5.2 million total viewers, beating the season 3 premiere of the historical series which drew only 4.4 million total viewers.
"Two words: Grateful. Dead. It's a joy that we get to work with such tremendous talent to make 'The Walking Dead' and 'Talking Dead' come to life for audiences that continue to engage and grow," said Charlie Collier, AMC's president. "In just three seasons, 'The Walking Dead' has become a pop-culture phenomenon, entertaining millions of passionate viewers and obliterating traditional lines between cable and broadcast television."
More The Walking Dead News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?