'The Walking Dead' Season 3 Finale Set New Series Record
"The Walking Dead" is celebrating yet again. The AMC series is unstoppable to score higher amount of viewers and to be declared the top-rated scripted show on television this season. A total of 12.4 million people tuned in to the season 3 finale last Sunday, March 31 at 9 P.M.
The "Welcome to the Tombs" episode surpassed the number posted by the mid-season premiere back in February (12.3M). The only heavy competition coming from another scripted show that night was the closer of History's "The Bible" which lured 11.7 million viewers.
The latest outing of the zombie series also scored the series' best among adults 18-49. It additionally ranked No. 1 for the night across cable and broadcast television with 8.1 million in the key demographic, easily beating NCAA basketball airing on CBS from 7-8 P.M.
Even, the wrap-up show, "Talking Dead", at 10 P.M. was triumphant against HBO's strong player "Game of Thrones". It pulled in 5.2 million total viewers, beating the season 3 premiere of the historical series which drew only 4.4 million total viewers.
"Two words: Grateful. Dead. It's a joy that we get to work with such tremendous talent to make 'The Walking Dead' and 'Talking Dead' come to life for audiences that continue to engage and grow," said Charlie Collier, AMC's president. "In just three seasons, 'The Walking Dead' has become a pop-culture phenomenon, entertaining millions of passionate viewers and obliterating traditional lines between cable and broadcast television."
More The Walking Dead News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle