'The Walking Dead' Season 3 Finale Set New Series Record
"The Walking Dead" is celebrating yet again. The AMC series is unstoppable to score higher amount of viewers and to be declared the top-rated scripted show on television this season. A total of 12.4 million people tuned in to the season 3 finale last Sunday, March 31 at 9 P.M.
The "Welcome to the Tombs" episode surpassed the number posted by the mid-season premiere back in February (12.3M). The only heavy competition coming from another scripted show that night was the closer of History's "The Bible" which lured 11.7 million viewers.
The latest outing of the zombie series also scored the series' best among adults 18-49. It additionally ranked No. 1 for the night across cable and broadcast television with 8.1 million in the key demographic, easily beating NCAA basketball airing on CBS from 7-8 P.M.
Even, the wrap-up show, "Talking Dead", at 10 P.M. was triumphant against HBO's strong player "Game of Thrones". It pulled in 5.2 million total viewers, beating the season 3 premiere of the historical series which drew only 4.4 million total viewers.
"Two words: Grateful. Dead. It's a joy that we get to work with such tremendous talent to make 'The Walking Dead' and 'Talking Dead' come to life for audiences that continue to engage and grow," said Charlie Collier, AMC's president. "In just three seasons, 'The Walking Dead' has become a pop-culture phenomenon, entertaining millions of passionate viewers and obliterating traditional lines between cable and broadcast television."
More The Walking Dead News
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'