'The Raid 2: Berandal' Unleashes First Bloody Still
Director Gareth Evans finally reveals the very first image of the highly-anticipated sequel to "The Raid: Redemption". Posting on Twitter a picture of a man suffering gruesome injury, the Welsh filmmaker sends a clear message to fans that they will find "The Raid 2: Berandal" more brutal than its predecessor.
"The Raid" sequel picks up right where the first film ends. Rama will go undercover and infiltrate the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force.
The shooting of the sequel has begun since January 19. Evans once revealed that he would bring a new element to add the thrilling part of the movie. "I want to bring car chase elements to it as well. So we have like a cool fight scene where you go inside a car, fighting against four people as it's speeding along a one-way," he told Collider.
Fans will see the arrivals of newcomers in "Berandal". Joining the original member Iko Uwais are Tio Pakusadewo, Putra Arifin Scheunamann, Alex Abbad and Roy Marten. Julie Estelle is set to play Alicia a.k.a Hammer Girl, a female character that was revealed by Evans in August 2012.
Executive produced by Rangga Maya Barack-Evans and Irwan D. Mussry, "Berandal" is set to hit festivals later this year.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack