'The Raid 2: Berandal' Unleashes First Bloody Still
Director Gareth Evans finally reveals the very first image of the highly-anticipated sequel to "The Raid: Redemption". Posting on Twitter a picture of a man suffering gruesome injury, the Welsh filmmaker sends a clear message to fans that they will find "The Raid 2: Berandal" more brutal than its predecessor.
"The Raid" sequel picks up right where the first film ends. Rama will go undercover and infiltrate the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force.
The shooting of the sequel has begun since January 19. Evans once revealed that he would bring a new element to add the thrilling part of the movie. "I want to bring car chase elements to it as well. So we have like a cool fight scene where you go inside a car, fighting against four people as it's speeding along a one-way," he told Collider.
Fans will see the arrivals of newcomers in "Berandal". Joining the original member Iko Uwais are Tio Pakusadewo, Putra Arifin Scheunamann, Alex Abbad and Roy Marten. Julie Estelle is set to play Alicia a.k.a Hammer Girl, a female character that was revealed by Evans in August 2012.
Executive produced by Rangga Maya Barack-Evans and Irwan D. Mussry, "Berandal" is set to hit festivals later this year.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal