'The Raid 2: Berandal' Unleashes First Bloody Still
Director Gareth Evans finally reveals the very first image of the highly-anticipated sequel to "The Raid: Redemption". Posting on Twitter a picture of a man suffering gruesome injury, the Welsh filmmaker sends a clear message to fans that they will find "The Raid 2: Berandal" more brutal than its predecessor.
"The Raid" sequel picks up right where the first film ends. Rama will go undercover and infiltrate the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force.
The shooting of the sequel has begun since January 19. Evans once revealed that he would bring a new element to add the thrilling part of the movie. "I want to bring car chase elements to it as well. So we have like a cool fight scene where you go inside a car, fighting against four people as it's speeding along a one-way," he told Collider.
Fans will see the arrivals of newcomers in "Berandal". Joining the original member Iko Uwais are Tio Pakusadewo, Putra Arifin Scheunamann, Alex Abbad and Roy Marten. Julie Estelle is set to play Alicia a.k.a Hammer Girl, a female character that was revealed by Evans in August 2012.
Executive produced by Rangga Maya Barack-Evans and Irwan D. Mussry, "Berandal" is set to hit festivals later this year.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet