Chris Brown on Assaulting Rihanna: 'It Was Totally Wrong'
Chris Brown sat down with Matt Lauer on "Today" on Monday, April 1 and opened up about his infamous 2009 physical assault on his on-and-off girlfriend, Rihanna. Wearing a shirt with peace signs and hearts printed on it, the 23-year-old star looked nervous and fidgety during the interview.
"For me, you know, I've been humbled by the whole experience," Brown said. "From me losing everything, you know, to me having to regain public opinion or whatever it is, but most importantly, you know, knowing that what I did was totally wrong and having to kind of deal with myself and kind of forgive myself in the same breath and being able to apologize to, you know, Rihanna and be that man that can be a man, you know?"
Referring to Brown's feud with rapper Drake and his rant about women, Lauer pointed out that not all of Brown's recent behavior has shown maturity. "I think everybody is entitled to their opinion," Brown responded diplomatically. "For me, it's just a learning process. You know, I have to just take it one day at a time. I can't make everybody like me... it's about me being positive."
Regarding the rumor about him splitting with Rihanna, Brown confirmed they were still together. He claimed, "We're fine. In the actual interview in which they tried to depict that, they got it wrong. [It was] an old interview from a year prior. Yeah, everything's good, we're fine."
When Lauer noted that people were concerned about Rihanna's decision to get back together with him, Brown replied, "As far as me and her are concerned, she knows my heart, and I know her heart. So I'm not really focused on the negative."
More Chris Brown News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons